Chapter 17

I walked down the stairs and into the basement with trays full of food. I fed the family in the basement, because Ian just wanted to kill them.

I put down the tray and took off the tape from their mouths.
"You need to stay quiet or he'll get angry." I warned them. I fed them all one at a time and was about to leave when the boy started breathing heavy and chocking. I dropped the tray and tried to aid him.

"What's happening?!" I shouted at his mother.

"He's asthmatic, it must be the dust."

"Where's he's inhaler?"

"Kitchen, top righthand cupboard."

I ran as quick as I could and grabbed it. I ran back down the stairs to find the boy breathing fine but the dad missing.

"Where is he?" I asked as I looked around.

"Behind you." He covered my mouth with he's hand while the women tied me to his chair.

"You need to stop, your going to get your family killed. You don't know what he's capable- " I was silenced by the tape over my mouth. I tried to scream and bang using the chair but it didn't work. He untied his son and they all headed upstairs. The dad went first and the mother and son followed slowly behind.

I heard my mothers and Ian's voice get louder and clearer. I tried to make sounds again but nothing was working. I looked down at the ground in anger when I saw the glass bowls. I picked it up with my feet and let go smashing it on the floor.

I heard my name get called a few times then I took a breath of relief. I tried to wobble the chair so the legs would bang too. I saw my mother at the top of the stairs.
"Kiera, what the hell?!"

She ran down the stairs to me and gently pulled the tape off my mouth and started to untie my hands.

"They're trying to get away and if Ian finds them he's going to kill them. I tried to explain to them but he thinks he's a hero!"

When my mom finally got the rope off I stood up and ran up the stairs yelling back "We need to find them, before he does."
I looked around and noticed the front door open. I ran out to see if I could find them but couldn't see them that well, I figured that they must be hiding in the bushes or something, and if I couldn't see them, then nor could he.

I re-entered the house and closed the door. My mom was standing behind me. "Where's Ian?" I asked her hoping she would know.

"I don't know"

We looked around the house while we called out for him but there was no answer. My mother voiced my thoughts.
"He must have gone after them."

I nodded my head in agreement and ran outside. I ran a little distance and found a phone on the floor. I made a choice, either run around and get lost or phone the police. I prefer the second choice.

Jakes POV.

I sat at the desk swaying on the chair. I hadn't got a emergency call yet, just petty ones, like a bunch of kids fighting e.c.t.

I sat there and the phone rang.

"999 what's your emergancy" I said with all my energy drained out.

"My names Kiera Lawrence and I've been taken by a guy named Ian Tilley and I think he's about to kill someone."

"Kiera?!" My face filled with life and my heart started to dance.

"Yes."

"It's Jake"

"Oh hi, but I really need help, like now."

"Do you know where you are?"

"No, it's in the middle of no where. There's only trees and bushes. "

"Hold on as long as you can I'm going to trace your call." There was a pause and a red dot flashed on the map. "I know exactly where you are, hold on helps on the way."

"Okay"

I looked at the address on the paper that Kate gave me, and the address on the screen and cursed, I was so close.

I grabbed my jacket and my keys, ready to leave.

"Where are you going?" Claire asked from behind me.

"Just need to go somewhere it's an emergency." She started to be a b*tch to me ever since I turned her down.

"No, sit down your shifts not over."

I sat down and waited for her to go as soon as she did I grabbed me stuff and legged it out of the door.

"HEY!" I heard her call behind me. I jumped in my car and left.

When I reached the house there were already cops there. I saw Kiera holding the hand of a young boy. He started to cry and she kneeled down and hugged him. There was a deceased body placed into the back of an ambulance. By the look of it, it looked like a mans body, from the shape and build.

A women ran up to the boy and hugged him, taking him from Kiera. She said something and Kiera smiled and held the side of her arm and replied.

She turned and looked straight at me a smile grew on her face. She ran up to me and hugged me so tightly. I held her as close to me as I could.

"Love you" she whispered.
I smiled and said "I love me too."

I heard her laugh and release the grip she had around my waist. Her lips met mine and I kissed back.

***

Kiera stayed at my home, she said she needed a little space to get away from everything.

Ian was taken back to the mental institution and permanently homed there.

The captain promoted me to officer again, seeing as though I was right. Watching him apologise was amazing but I may have enjoyed it a little too much. He couldn't even look me in the eyes.

*****~~~~~~********~~~~~~*******
Sorry if the story was cut short but I hoped you loved the chapter.

Bye xXAnimalxloverXx