Chapter 4

I walked up the stairs slowly when I heard James and Jake talking.

"You like her, don't you." He questioned.

"No."

I frowned, I didn't know why that affected me so much. James must have gave him a look because he added "Maybe, a little."

I had a grin on my face. Hearing enough I went to bed. I lay there eventually falling asleep.

There was a little light fighting it's way through the curtains. I lay in the warmth for a while before kicking the blanket off. I felt the cold hug me as I got out of bed.

I took a shower and got dressed into my skinny jeans and pink striped shirt. I entered the kitchen to be greeted by James and Jake.

"Morning" I said breaking the silence.

"Morning" They replied.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes, thank you" James replied.

"Have you eaten? I can quickly whip something up if you like."

"No, I'm going to go out and get something." James answered

"Yeah, me too." Jake joined.

"Ok, well I'm going to have some toast and head to university. Do you know if my mom's up stairs?"

"Yeah, she is."

"Ok." I nodded and made some toast. I sat in the kitchen and started to munch on my toast. James sat in the car and Jake waited for me in the living room.

I walked into the sun lit living room to be welcomed by a smile. I slid on my shoes and thin jacket.

"I'm ready." I grabbed my car keys and bag. I felt one of my key rings dig into the palm of my hand, It started to hurt after a while.

"Ok."

We both left the house. I grabbed a coffee and Jake got a sandwich for breakfast. I drove to university in my own car and Jake followed in a unmarked vehicle. I parked and talked to him.

"I'm going to stay close by, if you need anything call me, ok?"

"Wait so your not waiting outside?"

"No, I can't wait that long your going to be hours I'll come back, but if you really want I can wait."

I shook my head and said "No, I'm just being paranoid, I'll be fine, just a normal day at university right."

I tapped the door and left taking a deep breath, this was the last place I saw him and this is where he got my information. I walked through the university doors and passed the security.
"Hi" Kate jumped out from the corner.

"Sh*t, what the hell. You scared me." I held my chest and took a few breaths.

"Sorry" she said. I could see the guilt in her eyes. She pulled her pink side bag closer to her as she added "should we go class?"

I nodded and we walked through the cream painted hallways. She asked how I was and what I did on my day off, I couldn't say that I spent the day hiding in my house with two cops so I said I spent the day with family, She seemed to buy it.

We entered the room and I let Kate sit down first so I could sit away from her, but it didn't work. She left her seat to sit next to me, I let out a small sigh as she sat down but smiled when she faced me.

The lesson was quiet, no one spoke. Kate asked a few questions but I gave her a quick answer hoping she would shut up.

Once the day came to an end Kate followed me out as she informed me of another party.
"Do you wanna come then?"