Chapter 13

Kiera's POV 

"Kiera, you're going to have to trust me."

"If you're asking me to stay with that psycho, I can't do that." I looked into her eyes, It killed me to see so much pain and fear.

"I need to speak to Kiera alone."

"Go upstairs, that way I know you're not trying to escape."

She nodded and lead me upstairs. She explained why they had the house and that the family was in the basement.

"You have to act like I convinced you to stay, we need to gain his trust and when he least expects it hit him hard. Okay."

"Okay." I nodded and went back down stairs. "I'm sorry, for all the times I've been a b*tch." I said to him. "Mom made me realise that you're only doing it because you love us."

He smiled and hugged me. "It's okay, it's not your fault, I understand why you were so mad." I hugged back, holding in all the disgust I felt. I pushed away and took a step back.

"Are we going to have dinner, I'm hungry."

"Yes of course, I'll start on that." I smiled as I watched him walk into the kitchen. He was so easy to fool, but I had to be ready for anything. I followed behind looking for the basement. I found a door which looked like a storage/basement area. I walked towards the door and reached for the handle.

"What are you doing?" Ian said.

"Just wanted to look around." I stated as I swallowed with fear.

"Okay, you can look around, but just not in there."

"Why not?"

"Kiera, I told you you can't look in there, stop questioning me, your dinners almost done. You should freshen up. Ask your mother she'll get you some clean clothes."

"Okay, do you know where she is?"

"In her bedroom."

"Okay" I walked out towards the stairs.

"Kiera." I stopped In my tracks and turned to face him.

"Yes"

"I love you."

I sighed and smiled. "Love you too." I carried on walking up the stairs and whispered 'ew' to myself.

"Mom?"

"In here." I heard a faint voice call out. I pushed open the door and entered.

"Ian said I should get cleaned up and to ask you for new clothes."

"Okay" she stood up and opened the door to a walk in wardrobe.

"Wow." I exclaimed. There were led lights shining down on all sorts of clothing, evening dresses, casual clothes. The jewels shined under the lights. I picked up a necklace that was placed near a black and blue dress.

"That was my reaction." I smile at my mother as the handed me a simple dress and underwear.

"Will this even fit?"