Chapter 9

Still Zoe's POV

We squatted in the house for a few more days. It was always the same, day in and day out but today was different, he left without saying a word.

I sat and watched the TV for hours since that was the only thing I could do. There were adverts about Father's Day on every channel. It made me think about Kiera and how we celebrated father day. We used to spend the day in, just me her and her father. We solved puzzles, got a take away and watched TV. I smiled and the memory but that started to fade as I thought more about Kiera.

Every Father's Day was a horrible reminder of what she witnessed, But she always had me by her side, now she had no one.

After another hour I made something to eat. That's the good thing about being here they had all the food you needed, mostly expensive ingredients too which made it taste so much better. I ate, tided up and eventually fell asleep on the sofa.

I felt a gentle shake and my name being called. I blinked a thousand times so my eyes could adjust to the bright light hitting me in the face.

"Zoe? wake up."

I forced myself up to a sitting position and stretched.

"Guess who I saw today" he said it with a huge grin on his face.

"I don't know, who?"

"Guess!"

I signed and switched on the TV, looking past him at the screen. "Mickey mouse?"

He snatched the remote out of my hand and switched off the TV.

"No."

I rolled my eyes and gave out a huge sigh. Looking to my right away from him.

"Kiera" my eyes widened and I threw my head to the side looking straight at him.

"That got your attention, isn't she beautiful? Our little girl all grown up."

"She's not ours, we made a deal that you would leave us alone."

"I know but I couldn't help it. seeing her and losing Bethany." He shook his head and grabbed my hand. "I want us to be a family again just like before."

I pulled my hand away and yelled "NO!" I stood up to run but I was yanked back by my hand.

"I have something to show you."
He whispered in a creepy mysterious voice.
~~~~~~~~~~•••••••••••••~~~~~~~~
Remember to vote, comment and follow me. 😊

Sorry this chapters short and a bit wtf but I didn't want to give too much away. It's not the best chapter but the next one will make up for it hopefully.
Thanks for reading
XxAnimal-LoverxX
~~~~~~~~~~•••••••••••••~~~~~~~~