Chapter 22-The Talk

Jakes POV.

I was talking with a fellow detective when an officer came up to me.

"Detective Carter"

I turned and saw him standing in the doorway.

"Yeah?"

"You're gonna wanna see this." He pointed in the direction with he's head.
I put down the file and followed. I saw John sitting there with a drug dealer a few seats away.

"You've got to be kidding me. Thanks officer."

I walked up to him and took a seat next to him. I heard him sigh and slum further down into his chair.

"What did you do?" I asked him.

He didn't answer me. "I just asked you a question!"

"I stole from a store."

"What did you steal?"
There was a pause and I waited for him to answer, knowing he wasn't going to win he replied "alcohol, it was just a stupid dare."

"You want to know what I think happened?" Before I could carry on he said "no." But I ignored him and continued. 

"I think your friends made you do the dare so they could actually get alcohol, but if anything went wrong, which it did, nothing would happen to you, because of me. Am I right in saying that or judging by all the bruises and cuts on your face you got into a fight."

He kept quiet. "Look you can either talk to me, or your mother and you know how she gets."

"Fine, yes that's what happened."

"Okay, wait here while I go talk to the officer and tell your mother you're here. On second thoughts."
I handcuffed him to the chair.

"What the hell?!" He said pulling on them.

"So you don't run, and smile" I pulled out my phone and took a picture. "Do anything stupid like this again and I'll put that picture on leaflets and put them everywhere, and the slogan will be don't act like a fool, to try and be cool." I put my hands in the air and moved them apart like it was a great title. "Understand?"

There was a pause. "That slogans awesome, I'm getting tempted to print it."

"Yes!" He shouted quickly.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes. Don't go anywhere." I laughed.

"Ha, ha." He gave a fake laugh.

I texted Kiera that John was with me and she text back 'thank god.'

I finished work and uncuffed John and held his hand.
"What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm holding your hand until I can trust you enough to let go."

"For gods sake! Will you just let go?!"

"No"

We got to the car and I opened the door for him, letting him take a seat inside. I closed the door after. I sat in the car and started it. "Do I need to put your seatbelt on you as well."