Chapter 26

Ian's POV

I lay in bed, tossing and turning with the same voice calling out to me.

"Dad" the voice called out softly, getting more aggressive as the word was repeated. "Dad, dad, DAD!"
I turned to face her, fed up of her voice.

There they all stood, in the room. Staring down at me, but one in particular stood out. The young girl drenched. She stood at the front guiding them all.
"I want to remind you, you won't die alone, you'll have all of us." She spread out her arms, pointing to all of them.

I looked around to see them all. First Bethany, then John (stepdad), the father of that young boy, my father and all my other victims.

The door was pushed open and Chrissy entered. Bethany walked towards her then walked around her in circles, studying her.

"She's pretty, it's a shame really, I can't have my dad thinking about anyone other than me." She turned to John. "How do you think we should kill her?"

A smile grew on Johns (stepdad) blooded face. "There are a lot of ways. We could shoot her, drown her, or just hammer her down, like Joseph here."
He pointed at my fathers crushed blooded skull.

"No." I murmured.

"Ian, are you okay?" Chrissy asked concerned.

"Fine" I smiled hiding all the fear inside me.

"Ian just tell her the truth." My dad spoke with his jaw hanging as he spoke. "Tell her how you hammered my head in, drowned your daughter and shot two men in the head."
I closed my eyes and tried to push them all out of my head.

"Ian" Chrissy said as she put a tray down in front of me. "Your lunch."
I smiled as she cut up my food. She walked around the bed to check the machines. They all watched as Chrissy sorted out the room.

"I called Kiera again today, she said she'll come today."

I smiled at her name. She was the only one who tried to understand me, if only she knew how grateful I am.

"Thank you Chrissy, for everything."
I started to cough and she handed me a glass of water.

"No problem, that's what I'm here for." She smiled.

Bethany stood and watched. "Ahh, Kiera, my dearest sister, you should have drowned her like you drowned me. I still think it's unfair that you kept her alive and not me." She spat with disgust. "I hope you don't have favourites, because that would break my heart, and anyway, who's been by your side the entire time?"

I sat quietly resisting the growing urge I had to speak back. Chrissy left the room shortly after.

"I've told you a million times it was an accident."

"And I believe you dad, I do. But what about all of these people, were all of them just accident too?"

She had a point, but I still answered. "Yes."

She began to laugh, but I closed my eyes and went back to bed.

***

I heard a whisper and I opened my eyes. It was Chrissy.

"Ian, Kiera is here to see you."

I tried to sit up right but didn't have enough strength to lift myself up.
Kiera walked to my bed side and put flowers on the side table.

Bethany walked towards her and touched her face and admired her. "Dad I could have grown up to be this beautiful you know, and maybe met a man like Jake, because I have to say he isn't bad."

I listened to her blabber on but I stopped when I heard Kiera's voice.

"Ian are you okay?" She looked concerned and confused.

"Yes" I replied with a smile and she returned it. "How was your day?"

"It was fine. Just work. I can't stay too long, I have to see Jake."

"I understand but you being here for a minute is enough."

She smiled. "Thank you, I think."

Bethany walked towards the flowers and ripped off a petal and crushed it in her hand.
"Dad don't worry, I'm here for a life time." She smirked and Kiera sat down. Bethany took a seat at the end of my bed.

"This is so dead." She laughed. "See what I did there, dead." All the rest of them started to laugh. John (stepdad) walked towards Kiera and started to touch her face.
"She's so grown and beautiful." He smiled. "I could have been able to see her grow and become a women, but it's your fault I couldn't." He jumped at me and grabbed my throat. I began chocking and Bethany pushed him off me.

Kiera jumped up and handed me a drink. I took it and drank it, trying to get my breath back as I took sips. They kept looking at me and whispering my name.

"I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. LEAVE ME ALONE."

Kiera jumped back and ran out the room. "Not you Kiera, I'm sorry." I yelled out behind her.

"You messed that one up." Bethany said with no sympathy. "Dad, just face it, the only people you have are us. Till death." She tilted her head. "And longer, since were already dead."

I looked up at the ceiling and squeezed my eyes shut, hoping that when I opened them, they would all be gone. When I opened my eyes they were still there but closer to me.

"It's time." Bethany said with her ice cold hand on my wrist, and they all jumped at me. Hurting me in all sorts of ways. All the pain was real. I began to chock from being strangled and felt pain all around my body from being punched constantly.

The machine was beeping like crazy until my body couldn't take it no more, I closed my eyes and the darkness consumed me.

•*•*•*•+•*•*•*•+•*•*•*•*+•*•*•*•*+•*•*

Hoped you loved the chapter. Tried to make it really creepy because this chapter is dedicated to The Calling. Another book I'm going to write in future hopefully. The summary has been published so check it out and vote, I would be very grateful.

Remember to vote, comment and follow me : D

Have a good day/night.