fool me once

I flip the channel on the tv flipping through countless mind numbing shows who even watch hell boy. I look outside the window seeing the building next door. The jackass who owns it owns this building to one hell of an asshole but I can put up with it.

Suncrest city is so expensive. I've been looking for two bedrooms for 2 years and this is the best I could do on nine months' notice. I had to get out of New York. aside from the fact I was and the take out food was sprawled on my coffee table. a baby bottle next to my almond milk.

Modeling and I took a pause when I got pregnant. I had spent the money well, some of it the money a certain someone gave me. I think it was out of guilt I do now before I could think about why. I just knew I needed it. she needed it. she rolls around on the carpet like she's one year old again her chunky legs sprawled open.

only in a diaper and a juicy couture t-shirt i thrifted out the baby section.her messy untamed dark curls all over her head in her eyes. she grins looking at me tilting her head, her round cheeks with a pink coat as she smiles through her pacifier.

her long dark long doll lashes bat against her cheek she stares at me with pure happiness swirling in her gray eyes. she's him but a baby girl in purest form.

he bounces her legs up tangled in a blanket. I see the breaking news in New York: the gang and mafia are at each other's throats. seven lives lost. I shudder. Last week it was 21.

my mouth presses down. I turned the TV off. Anything New York related gives me nightmares. shockingly enough Emilianna has no problem with our downstairs neighbors partying every damn night like it's mardi gras.

I pull the blanket higher over my legs. Emilia belly flops over giving me a mini heart attack. She's a really quiet baby. well toddler now. she's 2 and 3 months

"mama can i have wawa?" she flips over looking at me i nod my head picking up her sippy cup i walk over to the dishwasher kicking it once more. It should stay closed. It's a crappy apartment with a pervert asshole manager but I'm saving up so we can live somewhere much better than this place.

I grab the bottled water pouring in her sippy cup. I put the cap back on and I handed it to her. she bounces her leg she gets up tank you her tiny fingers grip the handles.

I kissed her feet blowing on her little toes and she burst into giggles. I turned around sitting back on the small cheap sofa. I swirl my fork around my ramen. Emilia, I call it almost eleven. She needs sleep. "Come baby, we need sleep." she nods, pulling her blanket. I opened my bedroom door turning on the lamp Emilia followed behind me with sleepy eyes holding her cup barely in her fingers. I set her on the bed after getting ready for bed, brushing my teeth, putting my hair crawling on my bed.

the blue sheets barely moved under her. she lays down looking up at me with pure eyes. I smile laying down beside her "goodnight Emilia i love you" "i love you mama" she turns to me snuggling closer into me.

I pull the blanket over us both peppering kisses all over her face. she giggles laughing. I hold her chin, beautiful girl.." I kissed her once more before shutting off the lamp.

In the middle of the night I get up to grab a glass of water. I walk in the kitchen seeing Emilia's toy on the counter. It's still dark.

I hear a shuffle behind me. My lips pursed and I turned around and no one was there. I look around the corner to the busted laundry machine that barely works seeing one again nobody. I didn't bother turning on the light. I reach for the sink filling up my cup. I pick up Emilia's toy off the kitchen counter. I furrow my brows a little.

I picked up a glass of water while drinking it. i feel a hand clasp around my mouth i screech grabbing at the thick wrist my heart feels like its gonna explode i thrash "shh kitten" A deep all to familiar i turn around feeling a flood of memories come back from when i was a child i snap the fingers clutched around my mouth.

colten.

i know his voice

just like his scent

his tattoos.

"Colten don't ever call me that." i turn around expecting to burst into tears but confusion settles in before "what are you doing here?" he holds Emlila's pacifier tossing something at me a brown bag i open it its money i snort shaking my head.

"You couldn't leave this anonymously at my door '' I mock sarcastically. I put the bag on the counter and "open it first." I sigh , turning on the baby light that's plugged in. "two years" i say quietly. 

"what the fuck are you doing-"

" Katerina for once in your goddamn life do as your told." he scolds me like a child "yes because in all the years you've known me trying to use my daddy issues is how you get your way with me" i snap in the most annoyed tone i can muster.

I flip him off before opening the bag to a picture of a man. I shrug . It's dark but I certainly don't recognize him. "we both know there's easier ways i can make that happen'' 'i'm not like that anymore'' i reply "i'm not a slut anymore'' i murmur digging in the bag for something else just the money thousands worth an a key.
"for me you are" he caresses my face so gently i forget what monsteras things those hands do. I jerk my chin out and it is still cocky as ever.

"Who's this?" i ask softly not knowing how unprepared i am for the answer

"Your dad," he says quietly as something gets stuck in my throat. "He wants you."

I roll my eyes, "I don't believe you." I shove the bag back in his hands .

"Why would I lie to you?" I look back at the photo. touching my cheek i don't look much like him.

"i know you don't need this shit in your life Katerina i just thought you should know." he says sounding like he might actually mean it weird for him.

"He wanted you to know."

"Have you met him?" I whisper as he shrugs his shoulders. ambiguous  "maybe he's lying to you." I suggest the man in the photo is getting into a car. He's got sunglasses on and his head is shaved. "I had him follow Katerinas he isn't lying he's-" he stops "he's what?" "he is your sisters biological father." he knows about my sister he read my medical file. asshole ever hear of privacy. "we shared a mother not a father." i say "yet you were a perfect donor match." he brings that up i squeeze my eyes shut my knees weaken is it on the counter staring down. the donor match for my sister.

"Alright my mothers a whore who was shaking it up with two brothers got pregnant by Marcus twice yet was still married to the other one." David . who i thought was Millie's father. Marcus is the one in the picture it says it at the bottom "he's an assassin." he says i look at him "great." i sarcastically reply "for the mafia?"i interject i tremble looking at the photo "more for himself but yes."

"Why did he come to you about me?" I question pulling my eyes out of the photo finally but I'm still unable to look at him "it doesn't matter-" he barely finishes his sentence before I cut in "to me it does." "lets just say our history is a topic in New York." very careful with his words 'our history'

father.