Why keep me a secret?

I have my reasons why I want him locked up again

I have my reasons why I want him locked up again. For starters he slept with his brothers girlfriend which is a pretty dickhead thing to do and leaving his sick daughter for his brother to take care see of.

Then agreeing with my mother to give birth to a donor child who's single purpose is to donate body parts blood bone marrow all that good shit. That's pretty fucked.

But I won't admit the truth yet not to myself.

I open my eyes the faint nuzzling under my shirt with a little hand trying to grab my boob.

"Emilia." I groan I lift my shirt up shutting my eyes again her mouth latches on she doesn't get breast fed as much she's super clingy for it. She suckles I cradle her her little feet pressed against my stomach. I open my eyes forgetting this isn't my home.

He's gone his side is made. I lift my head up sighing. I pull the bed cover over my head. The whole were nothing more but strangers who use to fuck each other is really eye opening to how easy I was.

My eyes lower to Emilianna she was beautiful born into my chaos. My beautiful angel. I get up wiping up I lift Emilianna on my hip I walk through his home grabbing stuff from our luggage I brush our teeth.

Emilia remains talkative this morning telling me how excited she is to go to ballet class. It brings a smile to my face. She's so thrilled with this.

I walk into the kitchen Coltens there with a bag in front of him it's big "good morning." I say setting Emilianna down he nods setting Angel he pushes the bag over breakfast he says I open the bag it's a bagel with chia seeds and blueberries I smirk you remembered I say he shrugs brushing it off.

I pull out the food he stands up Emilianna watches him her big grey eyes following him her little hands holding on to the chair. I sit her on the counter handing her yogurt and grapes. I haven't brushed my hair or her messy curls this morning. We're matching bed heads.

Her tiny nose lifts up in the air I sit beside him pulling her closer I hand her a tiny spoon.

"Thank you" I say to him she nods once  "Tank you." Emilianna copies his eyes shoot to her like arrows they're so out of touch compared to pigmented eyes Emilianna's water up so quickly when she's glances at the sun. I try to teach her not to look at the sun but she's got my DNA and she wants to do the opposite.

He looks so...grateful for the cherish of her speaking to him. It's stupidly wholesome.

"You're welcome." he says rather softly I poke her foot she wiggles her tiny toes painted pink. Everytime she sees me doing mine she goes "me!!" "Keep going kid you've got him hooked." I giggle to her her cheeks blush she grabs my hand licking the peanut butter "yummy huh." I say kissing her knee she nods.

"She's got dance this morning could you maybe take us?" I ask he nods "you can take my car." He offers I exhale "what are you gonna drive?" I ask him grabbing the keys from the counter "I've got plenty of cars I'll live without one." He says "who knew the blue devil was so humble." I mock him scratching his back.

"I'd appreciate it if she didn't know people-" he excused his throat trying to control his language 'called me that dumb stupid fucking name' his eyes say but his words don't  "-use to call me that."

Understandable. "I won't teach her that but she don't even know what devil means do you baby?" I ask her eyes glued to the screen She's watching tv across from us. I fold my lips as she did not focus on what I said.

She puts a cut up grape in her mouth and looks at me then Colten with those big eyes.

she opens her mouth "we look the same." She says happily I grab her feet nodding "yeah you do."

"What's similar?" I ask her she points to her skin his eyes her hair color. I nod he stares back at her "I'm so fucked." He mutters well there goes the cursing rule .

...

"Where's the car seat?" I ask he nods to the closet beside the fireplace. "Is this real?" I ask pointing to it.
I pull out the car seat it's still in a box he apparently bought this morning.

I appreciate his attempt it's for her age. It's an expensive car seat. With little dashes of pink around. Emilianna's all dressed for ballet.

Her curls in a ribbon. She's got on a white north face  puffer Colten bought her. I'm really wondering when he had the time to buy all these things.

"You must've been busy this morning." I say buckling Emilianna in the safest car I've seen him drive. I hand Emilianna her lunchpail. I kiss her forehead shutting the door Colten stand in front of me "I'm sorry." I furrow my brows "for what?" I ask huffing out a chilled breath his breath Is visible too its freezing out here.

My knees bounce. "I was terrible to you. And as simple as this shit sounds I was fucking mean." I nod my head "it's fine I forgive you." I murmur opening my door. He shuts it back gently Emilianna watches my phone holding her doll. "why?" He questions "why so it so easy for you to forgive me?" He strengthen his posture looking around.

"I was mean to." I respond I was not entirely innocent. "You were hurt there's a difference. And my behavior compared to yours was very different." I shrug I fucked up Nigel's car thinking it was Coltens because I saw him with a bunch of girls and I was jealous. Maybe I blamed it on something else at the time. Because I've only ever been jealous of someone's family not who someone's fucking. I just didn't know how to handle it.

"Look I've had my fair share of mean girl moments I wasn't a kind person when I was a teenager and if someone held that over my head even when I've changed it'd be a waste of time trying to prove myself. " I explain "now can we please get in the car before we freeze to death." I ask he opens my door for me his gloves opposite of mine. Mine are light grey his are black.

I turn on the heat he gets in with one last sorrow glance. Before we head off to her dance practice. Like an actual normal couple.