Christmas Eve

Emilias Pov

Christmas came around faster than I thought. I was looking forward to it the entire time. I always loved Christmas but I could never really enjoy it. This year I can enjoy it. We will spend Christmas eve alone here so it will just be me and Leah. The next day we will go to Leah's parents house for Christmas dinner. I love to have a family where I feel part of. My own family could never give me that but Leah's family always treated me like a part of them.

I open my eyes in the morning. Today is Christmas eve. I look at the window. It's slightly snowing which is beautiful but also makes me nervous about going into this ice water with Leah. I'm still surprised she is actually doing this. Right now I just want to enjoy Leah's warmth. I cuddle back into her chest and keep looking outside the window. Leah's chest rises with her breathing. I follow the snowflakes with my eyes. I move my hand down and inside Leah's shirt. I gently stroke over her abs. I love to do that. I just patiently wait for Leah to wake up. I tilt my head back and look at her. She looks so sweet when she sleeps. I place a small kiss under her chin since that is the only spot I can reach.

Leah starts to move a bit and I lift up my head more. She opens her eyes and stretches her arm.

"Merry Christmas, Le." I whisper at her. A smile appears on her lips at that.

"Merry Christmas." She whispers back. I can't wait to spend the day with her. She strongly wraps her arm around me and pulls me more into her.

"It's snowing." I say. Leah looks to the window as I say that.

"It's the perfect Christmas day." She places a kiss to my head.

"What about we just stay in bed the entire day?" I mumble and take Leah's hand that is at my shoulder.

"You are just scared of the ice bath." Leah laughs. She is right. That is the thing that keeps going through my head.

"I'll do it if it makes you happy." I will definitely do it. Maybe it feels not that bad. There must be something about it if Leah does it every year.

"Okay let's go." Leah lifts her chest up and my head falls down on the mattress.

"What? Now?" I groan and rub my eyes.

"Yeah. We still have to cook a Christmas dinner and prepare everything for tonight." She says.

"Prepare? Did you invite someone?" I ask since it sounded like that.

"No. I just want this Christmas to be perfect for you." She smiles at me. She is so sweet and thoughtful about everything.

"It's already perfect because you are here." I say.

"You're a cheesy little cutie. Now let's go." Leah quickly kisses my forehead and the gets up. I sigh before I follow her.

We get ready and Leah told me to put my swimsuit under my clothes so we could go to that lake after breakfast. I'm still not sure if it's a good idea to do that. I just want to watch Leah do it. I would be fine with that.

"How will we get there? How far away is it?" I ask while drinking my tea.

"We will drive. It's like a 10 minute drive but I don't want us to freeze on our way back." She says.

"Is it legal? It sounds like it isn't." I chuckle.

"You know me. Of course it's legal. There will probably be a few other people as well."

"Oh god so I will embarrass myself not just in front of you but also in front of strangers." I sigh.

"You won't embarrass yourself. It will be very romantic. I'll hold you and kiss you in the water." Leah gets a smile on her face while talking. I don't really know if it's going to be romantic after all. We will still be in freezing cold water.