New year's eve

Leah's Pov

Today is the New year's eve party with a few of the Arsenal girls. I can't wait for Emilia to meet them and hopefully get along with them. She knows a few already because of her work. I hope she has fun because she seemed to be a bit stressed the last days. She always seemed so nervous and like she is hiding something from me but I don't want to pressure her into telling me. She experienced enough pressure in her life already and I don't want to be like the men she was with before. I just want us to enjoy this party tonight and I will hopefully finally get a New year's kiss from her. Every year she was the one that I wished to kiss at midnight. This time it will actually happen.

We decided to relax a bit for the day so we would have enough energy for the night. Emilia is downstairs on the couch. She found a puzzle in one of my cupboards that I got from my mum years ago but never did it. I told her about it and she insisted on doing it with me now. I find it sweet that she wants to do this so I agreed. I just have to change my shirt. I left her for a short moment and make my way upstairs to the bedroom. I take the shirt from the closet and quickly put it on.

As I take a look at it in the mirror, I see a crumbled up piece of paper laying next to the bin. We never really use that bin so I get confused. I see that there is something written on it so I go to look at it. I pick it up and unfold it. It's a handwritten letter. At first I think it's Emilias handwriting but it isn't. Hers is more curvy. I read it and then it hits me. This is the letter that was in the postbox for her. I was wondering what it was. I gulp down at the words written there. This must be Mark. I feel my hand forming a fist and slightly crumbling the paper. I immediately wish I could punch his face. He found her. He stalked her and now wants to ruin her life. He even wants to take me with him. That is why she has been so nervous and wanted to be around me the entire time. I can't believe this. She probably wanted to keep this from me and I don't think I should ask her about it now. He did wrote that he wants to see her at New years eve which is today. In this moment I know that I can't leave her side the entire night. I won't ever let this man touch her again. I would rather die than to have him touch her. I try to stay calm now which is hard considering how awful this man is.

"Leah? Are you coming?" I hear Emilias voice from the living room. I fold the paper and put it in my drawer. I need to keep this.

"Yeah." I call back. I don't want her to know that I found this. She probably thinks she needs to protect me but really I need to protect her. I get out of the room and back downstairs. Emilia is still sitting on the couch waiting for me. She looks so sweet. I wish she wouldn't have to deal with this. She already went through enough.

I come and sit next to her. I lay my arm around her and let myself fall back on the couch pulling her with me. Once she is laying down with my arm around her, I place some little kisses to her cheek. She laughs a bit at that which is incredibly cute. I'm always happy to hear her laugh.

"Le, stop kissing me. We have a puzzle to do." She says and tries to get out of my arm.

"I would rather kiss you." I mumble and kiss her cheek again.

"No, you can kiss me later. I need your brain now." She says and finally sits up. I laugh at that. I get up as well and we sit next to each other again.

"Can I at least cuddle you?" I ask. I feel like I need to be near her especially after what I just read.

"No, you should help me." Emilia says. I would love to help her. I would do anything to give her a happy and pure moment now. We start to do the puzzle together and we are actually doing pretty good. We work so well together. It's a lot of fun to do this with her. Although I can't stop thinking about the party. Maybe we shouldn't go there at all. Maybe that's better. She would be safe here with me.