Best Friends

"We're here," Sam said, shaking me awake. "Hey, you okay?"
"Yeah, fine." I said, heart racing. I was going to meet my best friend.
"Let's get settled then." Dean said.
We went in, claiming bedrooms. After throwing our bags on our aforementioned claimed beds, we met in the living room. I asked Scarlett Anne if she was ready, and she said to come on over.
What if she hates me?
As we approached the door, I twisted my lips into a smile. Which sounds kind of creepy but really wasn't meant to be.
The door was opened, and I came face to face with.... A stranger.
"Can I help you?" The man looked at us like we were crazy. Who the hell is this?
"Josh! Is it Lexie?" A voice yelled.
"Are one of you Lexie?" He asked flatly.
"Lexie." I raised my hand.
"Dean." Dean grinned.
"Sam." Sam matched Josh's flat tone.
"Lexie, Dean and Sam!" He called over his shoulder.
"Josh?" I asked. It had best be brother Josh.
"Josh." He agreed.
"I thought you were dead." Dean said.
"Shut up!" I hissed. "This is her brother, not her boyfriend. Best behavior, okay?"
Scarlett Anne appeared on the steps behind him. When she shrieked, he intelligently stepped to the side, out of harm's way.
She practically flew down the stairs and threw her arms around me.
I started to cry, but she did too, so it was okay. I hugged her more tightly than I've ever hugged anyone. The life was being choked out of me, so I assumed it was being choked out of her as well.
I was dying to cry to her about my mom, but her boyfriend freaking died. She comes first.
"Are you okay?" I asked, not letting her go.
"I'm okay. Are you?"
"Always am."
Dean scoffed.
I turned Scarlett Anne and me around and glared at him. "Shut the fuck up."
I let Annie go and she turned as well. "Dean..." She said softly.
"Speaking of which." I said. "I cannot believe you! He's a dick anyways! A sweet dick, but a dick nonetheless. But Scarlett Anne! Lordy mercy!"
"Shh!" She hissed, nodding her hair towards Josh.
"I could kill both of you." I continued, ignoring her seething gaze. "Why didn't you tell me? My little Annie, all grown up, and I didn't even know!"
She rolled her eyes.
Dean was staring stupidly at her. I nudged him, a smile tugging at my lips.
"Hey." Dean said casually. "How are things?"
"Fine, you?"
"Fine."
I cleared my throat. I think it just dropped a few degrees. "Well... This is Sam..."
"Hi." Sam smiled charmingly, extending his hand. "You must be Scarlett Anne."
"Only she calls me that." She gestured to me, glaring.
"Only he was supposed to call me Sammy, but he got Lexie to do it too." He shrugged at Dean.
"Speaking of which, I'm surprised your mom let you travel with them. Or leave the house for anything but church.
"You didn't tell her?" Dean asked, eyebrows raised, surprised.
"Didn't tell her what?" Annie demanded, turning to me.
"Dean." I hissed.
"Tell me what?" She demanded, more forcefully.
"Inconsiderate bastard." I told him. "Uh, my mom... She sort of, you know, died."
She threw her arms around me. "I'm so sorry."
"Thanks." I said. "But are you okay? I mean, how are you doing? It must be hard on you."
"I'm fine." She said. "Are you? Oh, God."
"I'm fine, Annie."
My phone rang. "I'll be right back." I said, then stepped away. I pretended to talk on it for a while, then joined them inside.
"Hey, guys? We need to go." I said. "Sorry to run, but my great-aunt lives here and she just called saying that her toilet was overflowing and asked if we could come fix it. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"
She hugged me again. "Okay, bye. Good luck with the toilet." She laughed.
"Your aunt?" Dean asked.
"My Great-aunt Gloria." I was making this all up off the top of my head, so they had best stop asking questions. "Di te ament." I told Scarlett Anne.
She cringed, but played it off. "What?"
"I told you I was learning Latin, right?" She nodded. "It means God bless you."
"Ah." She said, escorting us to the door.
"Bye."
After we got in the car, Dean demanded to know what the hell was going on, and made it known that he had wanted to talk to her.
"She's dead." I told them, ridding my voice of all emotion. "And possessed."
"What?" They both demanded.
"Scarlett Anne doesn't talk like that, or act like that. And she recoiled at the Name of God." I paused to rest my burning throat. "You can give her holy water if you don't trust my judgment. You can try to exorcise it, but she's dead."
"How do you know?"
"She shot herself in the head, Dean. She shouldn't have made it. And if she had, she wouldn't be able to even function correctly." I said. "I'm sorry, Dean." I didn't think about that. But we found our monster.
"I'm sorry, Lexie." Sam said.
"Hey, it's your brother that was in love with her, not me."
"She was your best friend."
"You okay, Dean?"
"Fine, you?"
"Sure."
"Do we really have to fix your aunt's toilet?"
"She's dead as well."
"We'll give her holy water tomorrow."