Chapter 6 [Enchanted...]

~~~

| Ansh's POV |

"Wah! You woke up so early today", my mother exclaimed when she saw me running down the stairs.

"Yep", I replied but that was a lie. I didn't get a wink of sleep the whole night. 

I glanced at the wall clock. It was 5 a.m., an hour and half earlier than my regular wake up time. 

"Accha..now that you are already awake, broom the house", she ordered handing me the broom.

I scrunched my nose looking at her but she motioned to get started with it.

It isn't going to end with just brooming for sure... Sigh...Ansh, tu toh phaas gaya. (Ansh, you are trapped.)

Few hours later...

"I knew this would happen..." I mumbled as I lied on my bed. In the last 4 hours, I broomed as well as swept the whole house, dropped my little brother to his school and bought some groceries. I was stinking of sweat so I had to took a bath and now...finally some rest.

"Ansh beta", my mom said knocking on the door. "Khana kha lo." (Eat breakfast.)

"Maa bas thora der aur" I replied then buried my face in my pillow. (Maa just a little (rest) more)

"Thik hai..." she said and I heard her walk away. (Okay)

Some while later, I got up from my bed and went to the kitchen to get my food. 

Wahh! My favourite paneer parathe. I took a plate from the counter and placed two parathe on it. As I exited the kitchen with my plate, mom came.

"Take out mine as well", she said with a smile.

"You didn't eat yet!?" I asked in shock to which she nodded and replied, "How will I eat unless you eat?"

Sigh..this isn't a new thing. She, or any other mother, would not let even a single morsel down their throat unless their children have eaten. Sigh...mothers..

We sat across to each other on the dining table and munched on our parathe. Just then, my mother asked me a surprising question.

"So...to whom does that jhumka belong?"

"Hmm? which jhumka?", I replied with food stuffed in my mouth.

"The one in the pocket of your black jeans", she stated looking dead into my eyes, almost as if I had done something wrong.

But that didn't affect me much. I know I didn't do anything wrong.

"Remember I went to Kishor's Mausi's wedding yesterday? Some girl dashed into me...and ran away just as fast. I noticed her jhumka fell on the ground. So, I picked it up and kept it with me. I thought of returning it to her but I never saw her again." I explained it all in one go.

"Hmm...", my mother tried to digest my explanation. "Well..what will you do of that jhumka now?" she continued.

"Throw it away", I said indifferently.

"What!?" she exclaimed shocking me a little. "No no...you are not throwing it away."

I just rolled my eyes on her exaggerated reaction. "Why?" I asked.

"I won't let you throw away any jewellery. Just imagine...what if it belongs to someone who'll potentially be your girlfriend in future... then you'll say some stupid cheesy lines and impress her. And then... you'll bring her to meet me and say 'I will accept only her as my wife'. Then I'll also get a cute daughter-in-law."