Chapter 25 [A Merciless Scolding Session]

~~~

|Ansh's POV|

Just then, the door bell rang.

"It must be Mausi", Ishika uttered and walked to the door.

Kishor quickly handed me the bowl of maggie and acted all innocent.

"Haa..." I heard Susmita aunty sigh and the sound of footsteps came closer.

"Everything's alright?" I heard her ask Ishika to which she replied, "Yep. Everything's alright. Bhaiya ate his lunch and his medicines."

"My sweet girl..." Aunty praised Ishika as  their voices came closer.

"Hmm.." Ishika replied with a low happy hum. I tried to peep at them, trying to see Ishika's expression as she got praised.

But Aunty came into sight. She stood beside the dining table which was side by side with the sofa.

She wasn't shocked to see me though. The fact that she wasn't shocked made me shocked.

'Maybe she is simply controlling her expressions', I thought.

But she stated, as if she had read my mind, "Your mother messaged me that you're going to bring us laddoos."

I stood up and wished her, "Good evening, Susmita Aunty."

Kishor, on the other hand, rushed to her and smiled, "Welcome home Maa."

"Hmm.." she replied and sat on the chair beside her. She closed her eyes for a few seconds before finally starting to throw fire balls.

"You know you shouldn't eat maggie and stuff, right? It has only been a day and you are already eating those things."

Kishor hung his head low and listened to her. Of course that didn't mean it would stop him from continuing to do such stuff.

I realised I should leave before I get any scolding. But before I could escape, Aunty spoke.

"And Ishika, you were the one who made this right? You know he shouldn't eat such stuff. Still, you made him these. You know"

Ishika too hung her head low, listening to her remarks. And then... her eyes zeroed at me. Shit...

"Ansh, I told you many times these things aren't good but still you didn't stop him. Homemade things like your laddoos are nice. You could have just let him eat those and took away the noodles. But no. Instead, you joined him in eating... Wipe off that noodle stuck on you lips."

I was shocked to hear her last few words. Did I have some noodles on my face!?

I tried to wipe off the boodle from the side of my lips. But it wasn't there. Just then, I made eye contact with Ishika.

She pointed towards her chin.

'Wait... don't tell I have maggie stuck on my chin!'

I hurriedly rubbed my chin only to find a string of money on it.

'Why didn't I feel it!?' I questioned myself in my mind.

'Because you were too busy being embarrassed by your stupid actions... and only to be further embarrassed', the little devil replied and snorted at me.

I felt my cheeks heating up. I glanced at Kishor only to see him giggling at me.

But then, Susmita Aunty's depressing sigh echoed in the room. She pinched the bridge of her nose as she shut closed her eyes.

'I should escape for real now', I thought in my mind.

"Aun-", I tried to speak but I was interrupted by her again. "You are sure you won't go home, Ishika?"

"Huh?" The words escaped my mouth before I could interpret it. Everyone turned to look at me.

"Nothing nothing... continue", I said trying to divert the attention from me.

'But wait... what did Aunty just ask Ishika!?' I doubted myself whether I heard it right.

"Yes, Mausi.. ", she replied, her head still hung low.

'Seriously!? Am I dreaming? Why won't she leave!!?'

'Do you want her to leave then?' The chibi on my shoulder rolled its eyes.

'No! But still.. haiye.. I am so happy!!' I replied to it.

"Then, did you mean cooking these when you said you'll stay to cook his favourite food?" Aunty continued.

'Wahhh.. so she is staying because Kishor broke his hand.. That is soo good. He should have broken his other hand too. Then she wouldn't leave for even more days.' I thought in my mind. 'But wait... she is staying to cook for him? Why!? Is he some king, huh?....... I also want to taste her cooking...'

"Ok Ansh, you should go home", Aunty looked at me.

"Yes Aunty", I nodded in agreement but now, I didn't want to leave.

I glanced at Kishor and by the corner of my eye, I glanced at Ishika. But my eyes made contact with hers.

'Shit', I spoke in my mind and hurriedly looked away.

Aunty got up and walked to the bathroom in the corner. I walked to the door.

And few minutes later, I was back home.

"Finally you're back" Maa said as I was taking off my shoes. She was sitting on the sofa as if she had been waiting for me.

She stood up and walked to me.

"When I tell you to go, you won't go. And when you finally go, you won't return."

She voiced as she had placed her hands on her waist.

"Ok ok, Maa", I said and held her shoulders. I turned her around and walked her to the bathroom.

As I let go of her, I stated, "Let me wash my feet first and change into my shorts."

"No, don't change. You'll have to go out again." Maa proclaimed.

"Why?" I asked as I closed the running tap.

"Durga puja begins from tomorrow", Maa asserted. "You need to bring bondi ke laddoos and many more stuff."

"Huh? Noo", I replied as I walked out of the bathroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Holi, everyone >:P

This chapter's late 'cause I was busy with my school stuff. ( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮o( ̄皿 ̄///)

I still need time to adjust to the timing and schedules.ヽ(゜▽゜ )-

And I would like to thank you guys!!
My book reached 1k already! (Ik it reached 1k a week ago but still..)
( ̄ε(# ̄)('・ω・')?

.

.

.

ヾ(•ω•')o

Did you enjoy reading this chapter? Let me know, please.

(* ̄3 ̄)╭