Chapter 28 [She is Beautiful]

~~~

|Ansh's POV|

Finally, we arrived at the Badi Durga Mandir.

Everyone got off and then I parked the car a little away from the mandir.

Many ladies walked around with aarti ki thali in their hands. I wondered where my ladies were as I strolled through the huge entrance gate.

I returned only to see Kishor and Aahaan standing in a corner like obedient children.

"Pfft", I let out a little laugh on seeing them like that.

"Bhaiyaa!" The little storm screamed on spotting me.

I flushed a little as the aunties nearby giggled slowly on seeing that.

"Maa, Ishi aur Anjana Aunty andar hai", Kishor said while directing towards the Durga Mandir.

"Ohh", I responded with as I leaned against the wall.

"Bhaiya I too want to go there", Aahaan expressed in an excited tone while pointing towards the huge banyan tree. Little children, who seemed to be older than him, were playing there.

I was a little shocked because this was the first time he said such a thing. Normally, he would just stay put between me and Kishor.

But he was a little baby only until last year - though he still is - so, it was alright I guess.

"Okay", I replied before turning towards Kishor. "You stay here. I will return in a few minutes."

I knew that he would get bored soon so I didn't bother to stop him. Moreover, the ladies knew we were supposed to stand there so they might get worried.

I stood a little away from the tree as Aahaan approached those boys.

At first, he seemed awkward but the boys seemed to have gladly accepted him as they let him join in their game.

I was staring at that storm as he hopped around like a little sparrow amidst crows. He seemed to be enjoying himself and definitely didn't want to return back in only a few minutes.

Suddenly, he looked at me and smiled back. It was only then did I realise that I was smiling the whole time while staring at him.

'I can't believe you called the other children crows!' My little mind exclaimed.

'W-well crows are bigger than sparrows and they are... more sharp as well so.. you know', I tried to explain myself but it just gave me a side eye.

"Whatever", I mumbled as a tint of blush appeared on my cheeks and ears.

I turned my face towards where Kishor was standing only to let a small figure take my breath away.

Ishika stood in front of Kishor with her aarti ki thali, smiling ear to ear.

Despite being in a simple white top and green palazzo, she stood out like no else ever did.

Her long black hair was tied in a low ponytail and a few strands that escaped the clutched of her hair tie danced in front of her.

Her petite jhumke jingled as she moved her head. Her eyes, that were already so enchanting, were underlined by kajal and they seemed to be consuming me whole.

There was a little red tika in between her brows and it simply elevated her look.

"Ishika.." Maa called her and she turned towards the direction of the voice.