CHAPTER 1 [A Glimpse of Her]

{Song - Ishq Sufiyana by Kamal Khan}

~~~

| Ansh's POV |

Engagements and Weddings are the most boring occasions. Still, I had to come to this Engagement Ceremony. Or else, Kishor would cut me off his life.

I arrived earlier than I had to. The preparations were still not completed. I saw something like a pathway of flowers laid from the stairs all the way to the center of the stage. 

'Woah...' I exclaimed.

I wandered around, observing the decorations. They seem to have put in a lot of effort in the arrangement, even in the minute details. Amazing.... 

'His Mausi sure is lucky to have such a dreamy engagement' I mused. 

It was then that I caught a glimpse of her, a fairy dressed pink.

But just as she appeared suddenly, she disappeared as well. I looked around for her but she wasn't visible.

'Maybe she was just my hallucination?' I wondered, 'Yeah, it must be so. How can such a beauty exist in real life.'

'Ansh...you are early!' Kishor called bringing me out of my thoughts.

I shrugged saying, 'Yeah, somehow...'

We talked some more but my mind was still lost in thoughts of that girl I saw, the girl in pink.

'Okay then. I still have some work left. Meanwhile see the decorations and let me know about it later.'

I nodded as in yes and then looked around some more.

Some while later, my other friends too arrived..

^~^

Time passed by quickly. The ceremony was now about to begin. I was amazed seeing the crowd. 

'Is she there in this crowd..?' I wondered but it was more of a wish. I scanned the crowd in hope I catch a glimpse of her.

Kishor was on stage. He announced, "Here come the protagonists of this beautiful night!" 

They were received with cheer and applause on stage. I turned around to see the event taking place right now, trying not to get lost anymore. 

But, to my surprise, she was on stage, the pink girl 

She carried the rings to the main characters of tonight

She carried the rings to the main characters of tonight. After handing them their rings, she stood at the corner of the stage, beside Kishor. 

The people howled as the couple exchanged their rings but all I could see was her. She smiled at the couple but I wish it was me instead.

Her hair strands danced with each gush of the wind and she struggled to get them in control. Cute.

Her eyes are charming. Her flushed cheeks are adorable. Her smile is enchanting.

 I couldn't turn my gaze away from her. Just then, we made eye contact.

She looked at me! I turned away and tried to calm myself down. I think I might be looking like a tomato.

From the corner of my eye I saw her taking a few more glances at me. I don't think I will be able maintain eye contact with her. So, I was still looking away.

After calming myself, I turned back around, towards her. And just as I did, she did too. 

She glanced a little longer at me and then glanced away. However, after that, she pulled her dupatta, trying to cover her exposed parts. 

It broke my heart. 

She thought I was looking somewhere else... Sigh... Seems like, I have left a bad impression.

The ceremony was over. Everyone started to leave. I didn't want to leave yet, because she was still here. 

I wanted to clear up that misunderstanding. But what would I even say?

So, I left in the end. 

Though, I hope we meet again....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.

.

.

ヾ(•ω•')o

 Did you enjoy reading this chapter? Let me know, please.

(* ̄3 ̄)╭