Chapter 4 [ 'Ishika' ]

{Song - Ishq Sufiyana by Kamal Khan}

~~~

| Ansh's POV |

'Wahh! The bhoj was really tasty' Shivam, one of our friends, exclaimed.

'Yeah... To be honest, even the decorations and the arrangements and the venue itself, they all are so pleasant and appealing. It is almost unrealistic' added another friend.

'I know right!' someone shouted from my behind but I know who he is. Kishor. Is he a ghost? Why does he always appear all of a sudden and that too from my behind. 

'It was all decided mainly by Mausi and Ishika' he boasted with a very proud smile.

'Oh! That girl... I met her once. Tsk tsk' someone said from among our group. But Kishor's expression darkened.

'Did you do something to her?' he questioned trying his best to hide his anger. But his expreesion had already said it all. 

The guy explained, 'Calm down, brother. See... I looked at her for a while on that Engagement Day and she stared back at me with disgust. That kind of angered me which is why I said 'tsk, tsk'. .....Understood?' 

'Hmm....' he replied in a low voice. 'By the way, did you get your photos clicked with Mausi?' He changed the topic but his anger didn't seem to have subsided. 

I put my arm around his shoulder and said, 'Nah, we didn't. You also come with us, 'kay?'

'Hmm.' he replied. But who is this Ishika anyways? Kishor seems quite protective of this girl.

^~^

We joked with his Mausi as we got our pictures clicked. His mood too seems to have lightened. Thank God.

Everyone started to leave. My friends too did but I decided to stay longer. 

Don't misunderstand. I didn't stay because of her, it was the open venue that made me stay. But yeah, she too is part of the reason why I stayed.

I wondered looking at the sky. It seems as if we are only allowed to meet for a brief moment, if we ever even do. I didn't even get a glimpse of her this whole time.

Just then, I saw her sitting on one of the swings, looking all tired. Did God listen to my complain? I grinned to myself and stood up to go to her. But then, I paused. 

'What will I say to her? Hey, I like you? Or try to clear up that so called misunderstanding?' I mocked myself. 

'Well, she doesn't seem to 'hate' you or else why would help you that time' my subconscious mind commented. 

'But what would I say to her?'

'Just approach her. Think of what to say afterwards' my subconcious mind suggested. And I, being the stupidest person on earth, took that advice.

She was swinging slowly with her head tilted down slightly. Haiye... I got lost in her cuteness again 

I snapped back and, went and stood in front of her. When she noticed me, she stopped her swing and looked up. 

And, time froze once more. Her eyes captivated me yet again.

So gorgeous. Is she even real? 

Her dark hair tied with the white gajra appears messy but in a playful way. Her saree draped around her petite body is enhancing her beauty. Her sleepy eyes are so captivating. Her tired face cannot even weaken her twinkling charm in the slightest bit. 

God! My heart is thumping a little too fast that it is slightly hurting now. But I seem love this feeling too. 

'Oye hello! Can't you hear me!' she said with a vaguely loud voice bringing me out of my thoughts. 

'Oh..sorry. What did you say?'

'Haa..... Mr... what do you want? Why are you standing in front of me? See....if you want to swing here, wait for some while okay. I am quite tired and don't want to move even an inch bit. I will leave soon though. Till that time, you might as well just sit on some chair and wait patiently.' she spoke in a drowsy but soft voice. 

'Pfft' I chuckled. 'Don't worry. I can just sit on the swing next to yours.'

'Oh yeah...... there is one more swing' she replied in the same voice unaware of my chuckle.

She looks like she might drift into sleep any moment now. I can't control my smile seeing her like this.

'Tu gaya nhi Ansh?' I heard a familiar voice.

Here comes my dear friend. 

How does he have such a perfectly imperfect timing? Just how is he able to interrupt me from being with my crush each and every single time?

'Yeah' I replied with a so-done-with-you smile while turning my body in his direction.

'What? Why are you looking at me like that?' 

'Nothing' I said still smiling, 'I was thinking how precious you are.'

'Oh really? Sigh.... I know I am very handsome but bro, let me remind you. Even if I am the most precious person to you, I won't be return your love back. I know you are gay for me but I am not, bro' he said.

'You really...' I shook my head side to side, being sick of his narcissism. He just stood there grinning at his gag. I caught him and started pinching him here and there. He swinged in defense while giggling.

'Shh... she is sleeping' I stopped him while pointing towards my crush.

'Aree yeh yaha thi... Aur yaha kyu soo rahi hai?'

'Tu janta hai isko!?'

He looked at me in offend and replied, ' Obviously. Meri cousin hai yeh, Ishika.' 

'Ohh! Ishika yeh h!? Wahi ladki jiske tu gun gaa raha tha!? '

He just rolled his eyes and said, 'I'll take her to the rest room. You stay here, okay?'

'Oh nah. I'll go home now. I am quite tired too you know' I said quite the opposite of what I wanted.

I would have been satisfied even with just getting to see her sleep but I guess it is not my lucky day.

'Fine. Let's meet after some days then.' Kishor said before waking my crush.

'Mmhmm. 'kay bye' I said and finally left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Bonus long chapter  (^_~)

I feel like this chapter was a little boring...was it?

(ノへ ̄、) 

.

.

.

ヾ(•ω•')o

Anyways, did you enjoy reading this chapter? Let me know, please.

(* ̄3 ̄)╭