Chapter 12 [A Shopping Date p.t. 2]

~~~

| Ishika's POV|

"Yay!" I chirped when my cousin finally agreed to take me shopping after hours of pleading. I did come to Mumbai for getting myself few superb looking dresses. There were only two days left for until Durga Puja's first day begins. So, I was going to buy 2-3 sets of clothes for sure...and a few gifts and chocolates for Vivaan, my little brother. I also have to catch my scheduled train for Patna tomorrow.

After Kittu bhaiya changed his casual t-shirt and shorts to a brown half-sleeved shirt, white pants and a thin silver chain hanging around his neck, we exited the house and walked to the car.

He was jamming to one of his favorite rock metal songs – which totally weren't my type – as he drove Mausi's new car. I wore my earphones and listened to my favorite playlist on my phone instead. I could hear him say something vaguely but was not able to interpret it. Still, I hummed in reponse before closing my eyes to let the song reach my soul through my ears.

He stopped the car and I opened my eyes but only to see we were in a rich neighborhood... apparently. I took off my earphones and got off the car before questioning him, "Where are we?"

"I told you I'll be visiting my dying friend before going to shopping", he casually said and rang the doorbell.

Dying friend? On hearing him say this, my heart sank. I questioned further, "Who is he? Why is he dying? What happened to him, bhaiya?"

He started laughing as he glanced at me. "I don't literally mean 'dying', choti", he said in between his laughs. I glared at him and he started laughing more.

But seriously...! Who says their friend is dying? That was so concerning.

A click sound made him stop his laugh and we looked at the front door open. It revealed a beautiful lady, who had brownish black hair with wispy waves, in a green saree that elaborated her facial features. She looked to be in her mid thirties or forties.

Bhaiya smiled a little before walking to her and touching her feet. "Pranaam, aunty", he said after standing straight and she smiled at him before blessing him, "Khush raho. Yaha kaise aana hua, Kittu?" (Stay happy. Why have you come here, Kittu?)

I walked closer and she moved her gaze from bhaiya to me. I froze for a second but then I copied bhaiya's actions and greeted her, "Pranaam, aunty."

"Yeh kaun hai?" she asked bhaiya, her eyes sparkling. God... she is way too gorgeous!

(Who is she?)

"Ishika, my sister and Ishika..." he spoke before turning to me, "this is Anjana aunty."

"Hmm", I managed to let out a hum.

He turned his gaze back to the beautiful lady- I mean Anjana aunty and said, "Aunty, I came to see Ansh."

"Ohh!", she exclaimed and invited us inside the house.

Ansh. That's a beautiful name. He must be that 'dying' friend of bhaiya.

Anjana aunty guided us upstairs where Ansh's room was. She knocked on the door and informed him of our arrival. Then, Kittu bhaiya stepped inside and I stood with Anjana aunty. Finally, I asked, "Anjana aunty... can I know your age?"

She questioned with a small laugh, "Why?"

"It's just... you look so beautiful and young, like seriously... so so young." I let the words finally out of my mouth.

She laughed and spoke, "I am not really young. Okay come here..." she motioned me to get closer to her and she whispered into my ears, "I am 48... to be 49 in November."