Chapter 7 [A Visit]

~~~

| Ansh's POV |

It's usually Kishor who drops by my house so now that I am here, I feel a little awkward.

Kishor and I have been best friends since 11th grade and now we are in our last year of Bachelors. In all these years, I have only visited his house for school work or for some party or similar occasions.

Kishor came running down the stairs with a shocked look on his face.

"Why have you come here?" he asked in a tone as if he was asking why I murdered someone.

"Just because... I felt bored so I came to study with you", I shrugged as I dodged his question.

"What? Don't give me that shit", He replied not believing my lie.

He really is my best friend.

But before he could interrogate me further, Anita aunty came as my savior, "How many times have I told you not to speak that way, Kittu. And Ansh, it's okay beta. You can come whenever you want to."

Kishor rolled his eyes at her last sentence.

"Now now... did you eat yet, Ansh? Well even if you did, taste some food made by me. Go, wash your hands and Kishor, you too go." She said and entered the kitchen.

But before I could deny her, Kishor whispered to me, "Eat quietly, or else you will relive that trauma. You remember it right?"

Oh yeah... that event that was worse than any nightmare I have got even till now.

The first time I refused to eat at Kishor's home... I witnessed Saraswati Maa changing into Kali Maa. Susmita aunty's nagging on food and health when I said I ate Vadapav and came. No no, don't misunderstand... it wasn't some regular scolding. She was spitting out fire and poison as she spoke. Do you guys remember when Nobita gets scolding from his mother for hiding his test papers? She took Nobita's mother's form, I am telling you.

"Aree...you didn't wash your hands yet?" she knitted her eyebrows as she exited the kitchen with plates and bowls in her hand.

"We were about to go..." Kishor said in a low voice but then I added, "Aunty, I want to eat upstairs in Kishor's room. We are going to watch some movies."

She narrowed her eyes as she stared at me but then she said, 'Fine... I will take out your food. You guys go wash your hands and Ansh, you wash your feet as well. You came from outside right.'

Yes Madam, cleanliness first. 

Kishor was confused as to why I said that but still he played along.

When we took our plates and walked upstairs, he asked me in a whisper, "We'll have to eat anyways, why in my room?" I opened my mouth to speak but then he added, "Don't tell me you plan to eat me first and then the food."

Sigh...this guy. I rolled my eyes as I stated, "I am not a cannibal."

"I didn't mean that eat", he smirked wiggling his eyebrows.

"You..!"

This stupid guy! What if she heard what he just said! Oh right... I didn't see her since I entered this house. Where would she be? I want to ask Kishor but I don't know how to ask him about her...

We entered his room and locked the door behind us. Then we kept our plate on the small table near his bed. I turned to look at his room but...

As always, his room was in a muddle. Clothes thrown like litters on the bed, unclosed notebooks kept beside a pile of junk and the best part... the game console I lent to him last week was lying on the floor! My favorite game console! I picked it up but threw it away with the same speed. Chii! It was smeared with grease of all the junks he ate.