Chapter 24 [So Embarrassing!]

~~~

|Ansh's POV|

"Why are you laughing?" Ishika questioned as she exited the kitchen.

"Nothing", I answered and glared at Kishor. Ishika eyed us in suspicion as she walked towards us with a plate.

'Wait... did she bring something for me to eat?'  I spoke in my mind. I looked anywhere but at her as she approached us.

"Here", she said and forwarded the plate. I stared at the plate that was right in front of my face.

'Gond ke laddoo? I thought she made me something...' I thought with a little disappointment.

'But it's the thought that counts', I continued in mind.

I practiced my dialogue in my mind, 'Main toh yeh ghar par bhi kha sakta hoon lekin... thank you.' (I can eat these at home also)

I was about to say it aloud as I looked at her but... she was staring at Kishor.

"Shit... she brought these for Kishor not me', I realised in my mind. I bit my lower lip, shut my eyes and hung my head low. My cheeks were burning due to embarassment.

'Thank god, I didn't say it out or else I would die out of embarrassment. I would not show my face to her for at least a thousand years... Goshh' I rambled in my mind.

"...Ansh.... Ansh?" a feeble voice reached to my ears when I looked up with a "Huh?"

'Shit.. was she calling for me?' I thought.

'Yes daydreamer, lost soul, stupid boy' the little devil insulted me. I was shocked at it but tried to concentrate on Ishika.

"Won't you have some?" She looked at me with expectant eyes.

But my mouth malfunctioned under her stare. "I can house these at eat also."

There were three reactions - Ishika was shocked and confused, Kishor choked into a huge, loud and ugly laughter and I... wanted to bury myself somewhere away from the whole world.

I facepalmed myself because I couldn't control my blushing due to embarrassment. My ears, cheeks and even my hands had turned into a pinkish shade.

'Ansh, you aren't a lost soul but a lost case.. hahahaahaa', even the devil residing rent free in my head was laughing at me.

"Then.. will you eat or not?" she asked while suppress her laughter.

I simply moved my head side to side with little amplitude as in 'no'.

"Okayy", she uttered and a big smile spread to her face.

She went and sat beside Kishor and I was on the other side of Kishor. So technically, I wasn't wrong when I called Kishor a third wheel.

'I can't believe he's thirdwheeling his own best friend', I complained inmymind as I took another bite of the maggie.

'You do realize that's his sister', the renter commented and looked at me with disgust.

'.....yep', I replied a little late because I got consumed by guilty thoughts. 

'It isn't wrong though', I affirmed in my mind. 'I fell in love with her before I got to know she is his sister and that too a cousin sister.'

It's look of disgusted deepened as it tried to make sense of my logical argument. It let out a sigh and stared at me for a while before injecting, 'You... are a lost case.'  It disappeared into thin air after saying what it did.

I simply rolled my eyes and replied to it's comment with a 'whatever'.

I raised the spoon to take another bite when Ishika slapped me with a sentence, "How's the maggie?"

I looked at her eager face and then back at the bowl and the raised spoon in my hand with utter shock. 

'I didn't kept it back at the table!?' I asked myself an obvious question. I couldn't believe I was eating her handmade maggie which was made for Kishor  right in front of her.

'Was she angry? Was she being sarcastic with her question?' I questioned myself and looked back at her. Her face said that she genuinely wanted to know how it was to me. Her next few words cleared the doubt.

"I know maggie is maggie but it tastes slightly different when someone else makes it. So.. how is it?" She asked again with eager and equally doubtful eyes.

I was searching for words in my minds, 'tasty, yummy, flavorful, delectable, scrumptious, mouthwatering, savory, appetizing, palatable, succulent...' but ended up saying, "It tasted nice."

I cursed myself as soon as the words left my mouth, 'Are you stupid? That's all you could say?'

She nodded as if she understood but was expecting more.

'Stupid Ansh', I cursed myself one more time after seeing her expression.

I quickly kept the bowl on the table and looked away.

'I can't believe I embarrassed myself thrice today', I muttered in my mind.

Just then, the door bell rang. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now there won't be any midnight updates anymore. Since my school is reopening, the update will be on the previously scheduled timings - Tuesdays and Saturdays at 8:00 p.m. IST.

Btw, since we're about to hit 1k, there will be a bonus (extra) update on the day we do. 

.

.

.

(*゜ー゜*)