𝟑𝟖. 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭

Next morning....

Ritu opened her eyes while holding her head. It felt so heavy like someone is banging her head hard.

'Ahh, maa why its paining so much?? This headache is killing me..ahhhh!!' she screams holding her head.

She keenly observed her surroundings as she couldn’t recognize where she was. The last thing she remembered was being at a party with Ishaan, drinking Coca-Cola. What happened after that??, she didn’t know.

'This is my room right ?? How do I get here ?? I was there and ishaan?? Where is he??' she murmurs trying to remember hard.

'Did you get enough sleep?'

She looked up to see Pihu standing at the door ,arms folded across her chest , staring directly into her eyes.

Ritu’s heart began to race in nervousness, her hands felt cold as ice.Pihu walked toward her and handed her a pill and a glass of water.

Her heart is beating loudly in nervousness,her hand feels cold like ice.

'Take it ..it'll help with the headache' Pihu saying in the ice cold voice.

Hearing her voice, a shiver ran down Ritu’s body. It was the first time her bhabhi had spoken to her so coldly. Without saying anything, Pihu was about to leave, but Ritu grabbed her hand.

'Won't you sit here for sometime' Ritu asked softly.

Pihu, without looking at her:

"I have a lot of other things to do, Ritu. Yaha baethne se meri kaam toh khatam nahi ho jayegi??".

By now, Ritu realized that Pihu knew everything. Her eyes filled with tears.

'I"I'm sorry, Bhabhi... I..." She lowers her head down.

"Sorry for what, Ritu? I haven’t even asked you anything. So, what are you apologizing for? Haa?" Pihu now asked facing her .

"I shouldn’t have lied to you."she murmurs.

Oh, so now you realize your mistake because you got caught, and that’s why you’re apologizing? If no one had found out, would you have come to me?" She asked .

Pihu is a kind and innocent person. She doesn’t get angry easily. But the one thing she hates is lying.Ritu hung her head low. She had nothing to say in her defense. She knew she was wrong this time, very wrong.

'I can tolerate everything Ritu but not lies. I hate those people who lies' she said in strict tone.

"So many lies, Ritu? So many lies? You said you were going to Anisha’s cousin’s birthday party... but where did you actually go? A nightclub? She shakes her head.

"No, Bhabhi, Ishaan is my friend, and his friend's birthday party was organized there. I refused many times, saying I wouldn’t be able to go, but he kept forcing me, so I couldn’t say no."she says in tears.

"Fine, let’s say I believe that you lied and went to your friend’s birthday party. I can accept that. But what would you say about drinking?" She fold her arms.

Ritu didn’t know what she was talking about. Drinking?

"Drinking? What are you talking about, Bhabhi? I don’t understand." She asked confused.

'Phirse jhuth Ritu ?? Phirse ?? Didn’t you drink alcohol there? The headache you’re feeling is from that.' she shouts angrily.

Ritu flinches but shocked to hear her words. She didn’t have any alcohol there! How was this possible?

"No, Bhabhi, I didn’t drink any alcohol. I’m telling the truth. I only drank Coca-Cola there. I swear!" She cries.

"So, is Shreyansh Bhaiyaa lying? You were so drunk that you couldn’t even talk properly. You couldn’t even speak on the phone. You were so intoxicated that Bhaiyaa had to literally carry you home. If it were me in your place, my father would’ve kicked me out of the house." She  ask her.

"Bhabhi, I’m telling the truth. I didn’t drink alcohol. I swear! They ordered alcohol for themselves, but they got me Coca-Cola separately." She shakes her head furiously.

Pihu shook her head, feeling deeply hurt. Her heart wanted to trust Ritu, but her mind didn’t.

"How can I trust you? You’ve broken that trust yourself. Maybe you’re telling the truth this time, but I just can’t bring myself to believe you."she said in hurt.

Ritu hugged her through her waist and cried. She didn’t want to see her bhabhi like this. She was already feeling guilty for pulling this stunt.

"You used to call me your friend before calling me Bhabhi, right?" She ask her

To which Ritu nods her head sobbing.

"Then why did you lie to me too? You weren’t like this, Ritu. How did you changed so much??" She looks down but didn't do anything to comfort her.

'I know I made a mistake bhabhi. Please forgive me' she pleads.

"Maybe I can forgive you, but what will happen when your Bhaiyaa finds out? How will you convince him?"she ask her.

Hearing her brother’s name made Ritu tremble with fear. She didn’t even know how her brother would react. Maybe he would actually kill her when he found out she got drunk. Oh God, please save me!

"Please, Bhabhi, punish me however you want, but please don’t tell Bhaiyaa. If he finds out where I went, lied, and then drank alcohol... No, no, please don’t tell him. He’ll kill me for sure..."she shakes her head crying harder out of fear.

Raghav was very strict about these things. Whenever she went out, he gave her a strict rules  If he found out all of this, not even God knew what he would do to her...

This time Pihu hugged her rubbing her back,' shh Ritu ,stop crying  ,calm down or you'll get sick'.

"Please, Bhabhi, don’t tell Bhaiyaa. He won’t spare me." She cries..

'Shh first stop crying..ok I won't tell him anything but I'm not sure about Shreyansh bhaiya. I will try to make him understand' she says.

"Give me the phone, I’ll apologize to him too. But please tell him not to inform Bhaiyaa. I swear I won’t do anything like this again." She cries.

"Okay, I’ll tell him. But you promise me you won’t lie anymore. One lie leads to a hundred more, and hiding things will only bring them to light eventually." She ask her.

'I promise bhabhi..I promise..it will not happen again' she shakes her head by pinching her throat.

Pihu lovingly caressed her hair. She knew Ritu had realized her mistake. Her face showed it clearly.

But was she doing the right thing by hiding this from Raghav? He had every right to know about Ritu’s actions.

But at the same time, she knew how angry he could get. In his anger, he could do anything.

On one side, she was worried about Ritu. On the other, she didn’t want to hide the situation from Raghav. She felt stuck in the middle.

___________________________

How is the chapter guys?
What will happen next??

What do you think Pihu will do??( Any guess??)

Show your love by giving vote, comment your thoughts .. and share this book with your friends and family...

Wishing you a very Happy Durga Puja to all of you ... enjoy this days with all your friends and family...❤️❤️🙏🙏 May Durgaa Maa blesses you will all your dreams and wishes...

Happy Reading
Love you lott guys😘😘

See you in next chapter

___________________________