Chapter three

Natalia's Pov

As I sit in one of my favourite cafe called Skyliner ordering a mango and pineapple slushie still waiting for  the head of the education boards to announce the change of my old professor Mr stone someone else who would be a better position for his job including a professor that treated  the whole class individuals equally and fairly because i wanted a professor that believe in all of us.

An inhaled and exhaled was strongly needed for not knowing if the education boards had listened to all of my requirements as they left me waiting here in the dark soon, they might take all of my constructive feedback to them in consideration at all because my parents were always big believer in fighting for what i believe in or wanted to take chance where my voice would actually be heard even if society was currently slightly broken although, i couldn't eat my breakfast this morning. Accordingly, the head of the boards had decided that professor Stone wouldn't teach my lab class for the rest of the year but he would be given another class to teach this semester which means that he would be around campus building even when we would get a new teacher called Professor Merchant  who would carry on where our old teacher left off.

"What's the verdict on this case and do we need to start celebrating?" asked an eager Wyatt.

Accidentally, I dropped my fork on the floor causing a couple of people's heads  in the cafe to spins in our direction when I began to feel sick in my stomach and then I showed the news to Rochelle on my phone nonetheless, I could not let my enemy see me cry!

Growing up I usually thought the world would be a much safer place for me and my two younger sisters Malia and Chelsea that both honestly deserve the world and you know the saying you could fight all you wanted until the war was  over or instead I could wait for the whole thing to blow over. I would never let this system break me down anymore then it already has.

In this instant, i walked out of the cafe without looking back knowing that i bumped into him as my fingers were itched to text Matthew my then boyfriend at the time who thought my fight was over even though it was far from over so instead i decided that Mathew could called me himself and it was my mistake when i thought he was going to support me no matter what however, this was not the case right now after heard the sound of his tone.

"Hey babe, i know it isn't the result that you want but at least you don't have to be professor Stone." said Matthew.

And suddenly I felt a slight hunched or  a punched in my chest toward my heart as though some gut wrenching feeling in my stomach that no matter how i explained it to Matthew, he seem like he just don't get it nor see the importance of stuff in my perspective and  lately it felt like we were never on the same page because i had to still walk in the same place around these four walls halls knowing that i got victimised by professor Stone. Reporting  professor Stone to the head of education in university that was in charge of all the violations and vitals decisions won't do anything then i had to put matters into my own hands to sort out this problem.

"No Matthew, it isn't exactly how I imagined the end results to be because I still want justice!" I told Mathew passionately about my purpose.

However, I don't have any classes today especially when the new professor was still getting suited up in the department building ever so, though my boyfriend Matt would at least understand where i was coming from now every single part of me wanted to fight for what was right for justice. I wished I could talk more about a special cause that matters the most to me on campus instead of carrying on my gossip which include what boys to avoid,  other people love life, how to avoid a broken heart or hot tips for great advice on some column blog.

"I don't know what you want me to say babe?" asked Matthew, my boyfriend.

I wanted him to say that he would fight with me, be by my side or at least support me too.

"I want to think for yourself for a moment about what is the right decision instead of me telling you to do everything damnit!" I said in frustration to Matthew.

There was a dead silence over the phone as I started thinking that he never really cared about me. Was I overreacting or seeing the truth between his lies? But he never committed to me and he was using me as a token black girlfriend for something.

Somewhere deep inside of me I felt that we were slowly drifted apart from each other and somehow i don't want to remember who thought it was even if I felt it too much for Matthew to handle sometimes also, I believe this was one of the reasons why i had always closed my heart off to the world leaving a huge crack in awake meanwhile only those who truly know me actual see the real me.

"You were constantly expecting too much from me and it was a lot for me."Mathew said to me.

His colours started to finally show. Screw this waste of time that we ever called a relationship and him for making me feel like i wasn't enough as he sounded like he was accused including blaming me to put thoughts in my head to make me think that it was all of my fault. God, I wished I didn't even care at all as I locked myself in my room and then I thought I might as well break up with him right now because this relationship was like a dead end going nowhere being two different people.

"Delete my number, my social media account from your phone and never call me again."i yelled disappointed at Matthew.

Later on i could hear the uncaring in his voice in his tone not even panicking that he had just lost me as soon as i was about hang up the phone, i could hear a girl laughing about me in the background sound of his phone and then he added " fine, if this what you want then..."

i interjected him "we weren't never meant to be."

Sometimes, I had to battle through the storm rather than wait for it to pass, never fearing for the worse during the destructive storm because the ship would be sealed even though, often people were holding onto a single lifeline on the ship rather than floated in the raging seven seas.

All along i thought it was my sign that god or some sort of guardian angel gave me that i should never up on the most smallest of things in life especially when stuff hit the fan additionally, there was forever hope that leads through a brighter light tunnel but i guessed that i always have knew that this day was coming so i reinvented myself with a purpose by becoming the girl who began to put herself, family and friends first for a change alongside believed in me to bring the light to many people around me on campus radio or podcast even thought, there were going to be minors setback a few times.