Talking about the Spider Society

Brianna, also known as the Scarlet Spider of Earth-65, observed her girlfriend Gwen, who was the Spider Woman of the same Earth, as she returned home through one of the Spider Society's intricate multiverse portals. However, Gwen's expression was far from cheerful, raising concerns in Brianna's mind. Sensing something was amiss, Brianna inquired if there was a problem, but Gwen chose to deceive her, concealing the dark information she had received from Gwen 2099 and the other members of the Spider Society.

Curiosity piqued, Brianna then ventured to ask Gwen if there would ever be an opportunity for her to join the esteemed Spider Society. Surprisingly, this question caused a noticeable shift in Gwen's facial expression, hinting at a hidden truth.

"Do you think I could ever become a part of the Spider Society?" Brianna inquired, her voice filled with hope.

"Unfortunately, 2099 informed me that there are limited openings. I'm sorry." Gwen responded, her tone tinged with regret.

Understanding the situation, Brianna acknowledged the scarcity of slots within the Spider Society. With countless Spider-People already affiliated with the organization, it was only logical that opportunities were limited.

Although Gwen was clearly keeping something from her, she understood the weight of the secret and chose not to burden Brianna with it. Little did she know, that very night, as Brianna peacefully slept, Gwen received a call from her counterpart on Earth-928. Spectre, a troublemaker traversing the multiverse, was causing chaos, and the Spider Society urgently required Gwen's assistance. Gazing at her slumbering girlfriend, Gwen made a decision. She opened another portal, contemplating the task ahead, before stepping through it.

Unbeknownst to Gwen, her actions triggered Brianna's spider sense, rousing her from her sleep. Startled, she noticed the portal and immediately grew concerned for Gwen's well-being. Fearing that her girlfriend might be in danger, Brianna swiftly donned her Scarlet Spider suit and fearlessly leaped into the portal. As she descended through a series of hexagonal gateways, Brianna found herself transported to Earth-120703, a parallel version of New York.

Taking in her new surroundings, Brianna realized that she had embarked on an unexpected adventure, one that would test her courage and strength. With determination in her heart, she prepared to face the challenges that awaited her in this unfamiliar world.