End of the Year

In the following days after the troubling events by the Black Lake, Lily had retreated into a heavy silence. She refused to speak to anyone, her emerald eyes reflecting the storm raging within her. It was a somber atmosphere that hung around our group, and the tension was palpable.

As the sun bathed the Hogwarts courtyard in its warm, golden glow, I found solace beneath the shade of an old tree tucked into a quiet corner. The ancient branches provided a sanctuary of sorts. In my hand, I held a crumpled piece of parchment, its surface now marred by several ink smudges. It bore the message I had been contemplating, a heartfelt attempt to bridge the chasm that had formed between our group of friends, and more specifically, between Lily and James.

Sitting beneath the tree, I focused my thoughts on deciphering the mysterious symbols that had appeared in the Room of Requirement during Christmas. My quill scratched across the parchment as I carefully transcribed the symbols, determined to uncover their meaning.

Beside those symbols, I noted the peculiar connection between the Markus family and the Black family from an ancestral book I had stumbled upon. The disturbing history of enmity between the two families had caught my attention, making me wonder if this feud played a part in Kas's disappearance.

Anne, who had been my source of information before, now seemed unreliable and distant. I couldn't rely on her to uncover the truth. If I was going to find Kas and understand what had truly happened, I had to embark on this journey alone.

As the end of my fifth year approached, the complexities of my relationships weighed heavily on my mind. My feelings for Sirius remained strong, but his decision to heed James's wishes and stay away from me had created a painful distance between us. While I loved him with all my heart, I couldn't hold his choice against him.

James, distracted by his own problems and feuds, had stopped assisting me in my quest to find Kas. It seemed as if he had entirely forgotten the urgency of the situation after the incident at the Black Lake. In this state of confusion and uncertainty, Remus became my last hope for guidance and assistance. The mysteries surrounding the Black family, the Markus family, and the symbols.

Entering the Gryffindor common room, I scanned the area for any sign of Remus. The room was filled with the chatter and laughter of students winding down the school year. Wearing my muggle attire and with my long dark hair swaying behind me, I blended in with the others who had swapped their uniforms for comfortable clothing now that classes had concluded. I had a sense of urgency, though, as I sought Remus's help in my quest to find Kas and unravel the mysterious connection between the Black and Markus families.

In the corner of the common room, I spotted Remus, who had also embraced the casual attire of muggle clothing. Approaching him, I noticed that he was reading a book, as he often did. With a sense of determination, I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Remus," I said, "Can we talk? I need your help with something." Remus lowered his book, his expression curious as he regarded me.

"Of course, Dessa," he replied, making room for me to sit beside him. "What's on your mind?"

"This summer I am going to find Kas, and I need your help. you are so intelliagant and I can't think of anyone else who would even think about helping me."

Remus regarded me with a mix of concern and understanding. He was one of the few who knew how important Kas was to me and the unresolved mysteries surrounding his disappearance.

"Dessa," he said in a reassuring tone, "I understand your determination, but we need to approach this carefully. If you're set on finding Kas, we'll do everything we can. But we should make a plan, gather information, and ensure we're well-prepared. It's not a simple task."