Unraveling

Digging deeper....

☆~~~~~~☆

Several Venus fly traps emerged from the ground. There were too many to count.

Their appearence caused the whole room to shake, knocking a surprised Tsunade sama off-balance.

Hanako on the other hand, felt great.

She had never felt so alive in so long. It was like her whole life she had been submerged in water and she had finally broke to the surface and took a breath.

The chakra strings that were flying out went up, up and up, all the way up to the ceiling. When they zipped back down, the venus flytraps closed their mouths with a snap, and vanished.

Hanako dropped to her knees, finally taking deep breaths.

All was silent for a little while, until Tsunade sama yelled, "Now that's what I'm talking about!"

She was grinning. Hanako matched her expression.

All this time, Hanako was afraid. The cutting words from the Konohagakure villagers and the Hokage urging her to controk her power, Hanako was always afraid that she would become to powerful and hurt everyone.

She had used her power for good, yet she still restrained herself, always cautious.

Hanako had been limiting her chakra use unconciously for years.

But now Hanako wasn't afraid anymore.

She remembered Shinso, who always tried his best to prove everyone wrong, that he could be a hero with his quirk.

She remembered Todoroki, who had rejected his very own power because of what the actions the man he inherited his quirk from did.

Hanako was like them all along. She had awakened them, and they in turn awakened her.

Hanako panted and stood up straight. Tsunade sama walked towards her and asked,

" Did you always know that you could summon multiple Venus flytraps?"

Hanako shook her head.

" My clan members...when they found out that I was the one who was born with three abilities of Miss Flora, they told me nothing else but that." She muttered.

Tsunade sama frowned. " That doesn't really sound like the Tsuyuri's style. Won't they want you to train to the fullest?"

Hanako shrugged. " Either they never knew, or..." she looked up, "They only wanted me to serve another purpose."

Tsunade sama read Hanako's mind.

The ritual.

Hanako took a deep breath and asked a question that was long overdue:

" Tsunade sama, why do you think I was chosen to be a vessle?"

☆~~~~~~☆

Hanako didn't have a lot of memories of the ritual. To her, it occurred more than 20 years ago.

But she remembered a few details that her parents mentioned.

" They said that it was the first chance they got to perform the ritual since a thousand years ago," Hanako said. " But why did it take so long? " she asked.

Tsunade sama folded her arms.

"If we're right, and that this thing is a divine being, then the vessle most likely can't be chosen so easily. Their body either has to be prepared...or be born with something special."