Chapter Forty-Five: Mistakes were made

Charles' viewpoint

"Samson, where are you going?" I asked him, just waking up and seeing him already changed and ready to leave the room.

"Sleepyhead. You finally awake?" he walked over to me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Yeah...Where are you off to?" I asked as I yawned.

"Oh. I'm going to meet with Len for coffee. I was guessing you should sleep in for today" he replied.

"Heh...You woke up so early to meet with Len?" I smack him on the shoulder. In fact, I think I was a little more jealous than I should've.

"Hey hey. Don't get all jealous on me" He kissed me on the cheeks again before he left the room.

"See you tonight. I'm going to see my mum after coffee and lunch" he said.

What am I to do? I thought to myself before I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep. How can be wake up so early? It's only 8...god...

Samson's viewpoint

"Hey. Len" I waved my hand at Len when I reached the coffee place and saw him sitting outside at an alfresco table with a cup of coffee in front of him.

"Come sit here. What do you want to order?" he asked as he passed me the menu.

"Hmmm... I'll like a cup of cappuccino and an eggs benny" I said to the waiter after we motioned for him to take our order.

"So, why did you call me out?" I asked him.

"Wah. Friends cannot call you out for coffee ar?" he teased.

"Of course not. How's your wound? Healing?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's a little painful when I bath but still fine. I'm going back to remove the stitches tomorrow" he said.

The eggs benedict came and I hungrily started to work my way. I was almost starving. The coffee also came but it was too hot to be drunk immediately so I stirred the sugar in and waited for it to cool-down. In the meantime, I hungrily wolfed down the eggs benedict.

"So, where's Charles?" Len asked, sipping his coffee. Hearing his name, I choked on my food. He patted my back and asked if I was ok.

"I'm fine. Just choked on my food. Ate too quickly" I commented between breaths.

"Charles is at home. Why?" I asked, hoping I don't divulge too much information.

"Oh. I see" he said as he continued to sip his coffee.

"Do you want to go shopping later?" he asked.

"What are we shopping for?" I questioned.

"Well, Joel's birthday is coming up. I just thought maybe we should buy something" he said.

"Well. Ok. Do you have anything in mind?" I asked him.

"Not really. We'll see later" he said. We finished up our brunch and our coffee before we headed to a nearby shopping center.

Shopping for stuffs isn't my forte and honestly, if it wasn't for Joel's birthday I wouldn't even want to go shopping. I wish Charles was here. Maybe he would find something quickly. We walked rounds around the shopping center not finding anything suitable until we came into a shop selling digital products. On sale was a tablet that was promoted as an excellent electronic substitute for a diary/notebook. Len picked it up and played with it for awhile.

"How about we get this?" he said.

"Joel takes notes or does he have a diary?" I asked.

"Yeah. He does" he said, a little dip in his tone.