Chapter Twenty Seven: Karma is a bitch

As I've said earlier on my wall, thank you all once again for the votes and the reads (and maybe even re-reads). Are you hooked on to the series already because I am hooked on writing the series. Part of this novel is written on the train using my tablet which for some reason has the weirdest autocorrect so I think some of the parts might have some grammar or even logical errors. I've checked them with microsoft words spell check but I am sure there are still some rougue errors. I hope you can pardon me for that. And, once again. I can't emphasize how happy I am to have 200 votes and 2.2k reads! Thanks for the support and I hope you continue to support my novel.

On a side note, I will be writing another novel (I've already started writing the first chapter). It will be titled "Just a little more". A story of a boy who's widowed mother is married to a rich British man. However the rich Bristish man is not as he seemed and makes advances for the boy. Scared, and unable to tell anyone...what is his fate? Well, that is about the story line of the new novel. Hope it takes off as well as this novel but I doubt such a dark story will go as far.

#Yaoinovel for the win! I'm #4 in yaoinovel!

#640 in teen-fiction though. Keep up the favs and #bittersweet might rise higher up the ranks

And again, #ParyforJoseph because he was really badly treated in this chapter. I think I abused his character too much. >.<

===============================================

(Joseph’s Viewpoint)

I was done with apologising for my actions. I tried my best to apologise to Charles for my behaviour but I guess the harm has already been done and I couldn’t take back what I’ve done. As I asked for his forgiveness and that we be friends again, he didn’t reply but instead pull a frown before he darted off to where Joel’s photo-shoot was happening. I wanted to follow and grab hold of him but I promised that I would not touch him and that at least, is what I’ll do for him. Maybe I ought to do something more so that I’ll earn back the trust and friendship of Charles. Why was I so stupid to do that to the one I love? Why?

I asked myself countless times and even cursed myself a couple of times. But there was no solution to the problem I could think of. All I could do was to pray that things would get better and one day if not soon, Charles would forgive me. After all, I admit that I did a horrible thing that day that I shouldn’t have. My thought was broken when Lionel started speaking.

“Huh? Done with your photo-shoot already” he asked.

“Yeah. How long were you standing there?” I asked him.

“Long enough to see your apology to Charles” he said, smiling. I was stumped. I didn’t know how to reply to Lionel or what was going through his mind. Maybe I could just play things cool as if it were a misunderstanding between us.

“Don’t need to fret so much. Let’s go have a drink then we can talk more about it. How about it?” he offered. Heck it. Drinking such things off would be the best thing I could do now. Maybe if I was drunk then I would not have to deal with any of this shit.

Lionel brought me to a stretch of the Singapore River which was relatively quiet with residences all around. Save a few people walking here and there every now and then, there was practically no one. Lionel bought 6 cans of beer as well as an ice pack to keep the beer cool. Since we didn’t have dinner yet, he asked if I would like some snacks to go with the beer. We bought some chips, nuts and candy.

We sat by the river, our legs dangling over the artificial banks, and a metal chain in front of us, we rested our arms on the chain and our heads on our arms.