Chapter Forty Seven: The F*** is Going On?

Charles' Viewpoint

The weekend was a whole mess of ups and downs, and at least everything has now settled down. It's finally time to go back to school and I, for the first time am looking forward to going to school. It has been more than a day since I last saw Samson.

It's been a real relief that Samson's mother hasn't been too horrible about the whole thing. Though its not like as if its as if a walk in the park but at least, there wasn't anything huge to stumble upon us. I thanked god for this and put on my uniform in the swiftest possible time and then headed down to wolf down my breakfast before heading to school in the car.

At the school gates, I saw Samson staring down at his phone and leaning against the pillar of the foyer. As I approached him he looked up and beamed me a smile. It was a smile that would take away all my worries. I smiled back, naturally.

"Charles!" he said happily, as he stashed his phone back into his pocket. "Eaten breakfast?" he asked.

"Uh hmm" I replied, rubbing my tummy. "How about you?" I asked him. He shook his head.

I took his arm and dragged him to the canteen. "Come on. Let's get you some food before classes start!"

...

After classes, there was percussion practice. It was the session in which there would be the hand over of authority to the juniors but I didn't have to attend since I wasn't part of the executive committee unlike Samson.

He pursed his lips, encouraging me to kiss them luscious lips. After awhile of waiting he opened his eyes, "Come on?" he urged. I shook my head.

"No way! It's school. I'll see you at my house later, okay?" I asked. He pouted but nodded. I kissed my palms and planted them softly on his forehead.

"Hey! What's that for?" he asked.

"It's the kiss you wanted" I said laughing.

He left for the handover session while I headed to the main gate. The sun was kind of hot, given the mid day heat of the tropics and the fact that there wasn't much cloud covers. As I headed towards the gate itself, below the tree's shade, there was a woman. She looked at me and as she saw me, she walked towards me.

Carrying an umbrella and a pair of shades over her eyes, I couldn't at once identify who it was, but my stomach knew, and it tied a knot around itself. It was Samson's mum.

"Aunty" I called out to her, trying to hide away my nervousness. I smiled.

"Charles. Have you eaten lunch?" she asked me. I shook my head. "How about we have lunch? Where's Samson?" she asked me.

"Well, he's gone for percussion" I replied.

"Ok. Well then, shall we?" she asked me. I nodded my head before we headed into the cab.

In the cab, save for the music playing on the radio and the Taxi uncle trying to strike conversation with Samson's mum, I kept quite. She must've some reason for coming all this way to find me right? I thought to myself.

It must be. I convinced myself, and was then caught unaware of her question posed to me.

"Charles? So what would you want to eat?" she asked, maybe for the second time.

"Ya...erm...Anything will do, Aunty" I tried to sound a little adamant and hopefully not come across as being overbearing or something.

"How about some Japanese? I know a place good for that" I nodded to signify I was ok with it.

...

After a few more awkward moments and conversations in the cab, we made it to the shopping mall and headed to have lunch at the Japanese restaurant.