Chapter Thirty: Misunderstandings

It's Chapter 30! Thanks for 2.8k views! I'll be working extra hard to write more chapters on the way to school and back. So when the read count reached 3k views, I'll release a couple of chapters at once and you all can binge read #bittersweet. Thanks for the support.

On a side note, I would appreciate it if you would support my other novel titled Deviant: Worlds Apart (boyxboy) but set in a fantasy world. It's kind of cool being in the perspective of a "alien" who finds everything on earth fascinating. Of course the plot there is deep...much much deeper than here. But hey, I guess you love this for its light plots and heavy romance. >.<

Another side note: I want to congratulate AltairdeDios and his novel Teenage Love Afair for hitting 10k views. Support his novel if you liked mine. Its rather similar except he uses thai dramas' boys and pair them up.

Lastly, I think this novel is about half way there to the finish line (don't lose hope though when it ends) because the next phase of their lives will then begin after they end Secondary school. :)

==========================================================

It was morning and I woke up earlier than usual at 5 30. Since I slept earlier anyways so there wasn't a problem. Moreover, I was at Joel's place and I had to go back to school later which meant I needed my uniform. I could technically just wear Joel's uniform as he had suggested but how? I'm 161-2 ish cm tall and he is 179 cm. The difference is too stark that if I wear his uniform I'll look like a dwarf wearing a giant's shirt. Not to mention the ankles of his trousers would likely be mopping the floor up. I woke Joel up so he could drive me over to my home first before we went to school.

Joel dressed up in his school uniform and washed up. I waited for him in the living room. It was rather odd that he had only one photo of his family in the living room. Usually families would have tons of it. I guess maybe he didn't want to feel homesick so he only placed one photo just in case he wanted to have a look at his family. I saw that he had an older brother. They seemed pretty happy in the photo so I smiled.

"What are you smiling at? Come on. Let's go already or we'll be late" Joel said as went towards the door and put on his school shoes.

"Alright" I replied and put on my shoes as well.

All the while in the car it was quite silent until Joel broke the silence.

"So are you going to...ask Samson about yesterday?" he asked.

"I don't think so. I'll see if he tells me anything first" I said. I really wanted Samson to tell me what in the world is going on. But, I couldn't tell him that I tailed him and saw he met up with Priscilla. I know he would probably get mad at me or something and if he wanted to hide then confronting him like that would only set to let him up his guard even more. I just hope he'll tell me everything soon.

"I guess that would be the best. Charles..." he said, pausing for a while.

Yes?" I prompted him. We stopped at a traffic junction and he looked at me.

"It's nothing" he said. Come on. You clearly wanted to say something. Fine. Say nothing then.

I reached my house gates and asked Aunt Marie to help open the gates as Joel went to park his car while I went up to change. Samson was still sleeping but it wasn't even 6 30 so I didn't wake him up. I switched on the bedside lamp instead of the bedroom lights because I was afraid it would wake Samson up. A few more minutes of sleep is better than none, right? I walked as quietly as I could to the wardrobe and searched for my uniform. Just as I was about to put on my uniform, a pair of strong arms surrounded my waist and caught me by surprise. I fell back onto him and we tumbled onto the floor. I rolled to my side and caught sight of Samson who was smiling. He kissed me.