Chapter 37.3: Lover's Vacation - part 3

Hi readers. Thanks for some of your concern for my exams. Yes, I've been studying so the story would take longer to come out and sadly, my prelims are about 3 weeks away so it might take 1 or maybe 3 weeks for the next chapter to be out. But on the side note, when bittersweet hits 7k reads I'll be posting a media on this chapter so you'll be able to see it. You can look forward to that.

Finally, please enjoy this chapter! :) I can't believe how fast my novel is increasing in views. It's almost as if an exponential growth. Only a month back it was 1.2k and now it's almost reaching 7k! I was actually worried the reads would reach 7k so soon I wouln't have completed the surprise. But fret not, the surprise has been completed! :)

Look out here in this space for additional notes when I post the media/artwork. ;)
Update: #BitterSweet has reached 7k views. Thanks. I've included a manga style artwork of Charles and Samson in the attached media. Hope you all like it. By the way if you are wondering, I was a budding mangaka abt 2 years back. I stopped for obvious reasons cos I cant speak or write japanese which severely hindered me. Please forgive my ratios of the drawing since I havent really done drawing in quite awhile.

==================================================

We had dinner the night after the volcano trip in the hotel room again because we were just too lazy to travel 10 minutes out to the main road to have a dinner we could just order at the hotel, albeit the higher price. But if we counted in the travel fee (which was significant because we stayed so far in a secluded area that calling a cab was expensive too), then eating in the room seemed a little cheaper and a lot more convenient. Not to mention that the chef was also as excellent as the local cafes or warungs as they called it.

Alcohol does something weird to me that wouldn’t happen in “normal” people, as I have seen on the streets and in the movies. I just seem to quiet up and feel terribly sleepy after drinking, and absolutely not the noisy and rowdy behaviour drunkards usually display. Maybe I was just poor and handling alcohol. That night, we had the remaining Umeshu after dinner. After half a glass, I could feel, my head getting light and warming up.

“You’re red as a tomato!” Samson teased me, holding up and empty glass.

“You’re no better” I tried to retort, pointing him to go look at himself in the mirror.

“I guess so” he said as he reached for the bottle.

“No more. That’s enough already Samson” I said, grabbing his wrist.

“Awww. Come on. One more?” he pleaded.

“Fine. One more. That’s all you get” I said, stern in my voice. I couldn’t take the alcohol anymore; I could just feel the effects of it. I was feeling what they called a ‘high’?

While I lay on the bed on my stomach, watching the television flash documentaries, for there were no other nice shows on air at the time, Samson suddenly climbed on my back and then his hands slid around my waist as he lowered his head to beside mine.

He whispered, “Would this cute boy want a massage?”

How in the world did he expect me to answer that question? I was both caught off guard and embarrassed about him asking me such a question.

“Wha…What?” I asked, as he continued to slide his hands up my back.

“Would you want a massage?” he asked, this time his tone a little annoyed.

“Yeah sure” I said, anticipating that he was going to tickled me or something for being so direct.

Instead, he bends over to the side table and took a bottle of oil we bought from a local store. He poured the oil on my back and I felt the coolness of the oil as it hit my back and then Samson’s hands as they smothered and spread the oil all over my back. As he pressed in with a little harder pressure and his hands slipped all over my back, I could feel a sense of relaxation. Wow, was that the best feeling ever? I let out a soft moan.