Chapter 37.4: Lovers' Vacation - part 4

A/N: Hi readers and followers. I'm really sorry for procrastinating (resulting in this chapter taking so damn long to be out). And yes, as per my message on my dashboard, I have my finals coming up so I'll be on hiatus till the mid of May. I'm sorry if you wanted new chapters out but it'll have to wait. In the meantime, enjoy this especially long chapter. :)

Also, I didn't write this last week because it was the fourth anniversary with my boyfriend so we kind of celebrated and I didn't have time for writing the novel. >.< Hope you'll forgive me!

Oh yeah and I'm so happy my novel has now hit 11k reads. Just a few months ago a couple hundred and I was like wooo... and now this is just unbelievable. I came back to see my novel reads go from 9k to 11k! Thanks for your support and votes. Don't forget to vote if you liked it!

================================================================

Back at the hotel it was still silence as I didn't want to be the one to speak first. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to tell him exactly how I felt inside, but I had no idea how to tell him about it without mentioning him being stabbed. What if what I said triggered in him his fear of the Len incident again? The thought of that happening made me shun myself from doing what I was set to do. Then again, what was I to do? Samson remained quiet all the way through too.

When he opened the door to the hotel room, I fought with myself to do what I wanted. Ultimately, I backed away from the idea of breaking the silence yet it was excruciating. I was fighting back strong emotions that swirled within my being. Some of them alien to me. As he opened the door and took a step in, I instinctively rushed behind him and gave him a hug as he stood there still as a tree, dropping the keys he was holding on to.

"What's that for?" he said, finally breaking the silence.

I started to sob, "I...I...was afraid of losing you...he...he..." I didn't get to complete my sentence when he turned around to face me.

"Silly. I know what you are thinking. It's ok. I'm not traumatised or anything by the Len thing" he said, smiling.

"but...but...I...I was...really afraid...I'd lose you" I said, realising how cheesy what I said was.

He ruffled my hair and then took me into his arms and I laid my head on his chest. There, he rubbed my back in a gentle fashion, lightly touching me as I continued to hold onto him dearly as if he would run away from me at any time. Like this, we stood there for a while, the room getting darker by the minutes. Dusk was approaching and the sun was setting.

"Hey. We should change up and head out for dinner soon" Samson said as he broke the hug off.

"Yeah. But we should relax a little in the room. It's been a long day" I said. He seemed to agree so I walked over to the mini bar to place the drinks and snacks that we bought into it.

"How about room service again then?" he suggested. I nodded.

We ordered room service and took turns taking a shower. In the shower I thought about how I could've lost Samson today. The thought of that scared me a lot and for the first time I felt something. I felt like I could no longer live without Samson. If he wasn't beside me, what was I to do? That thought ran through my mind countless times yet I could not come up with an answer to that question. When I finished showering, my answer to that question seemed blatantly obvious. I simply couldn't live without Samson.

"You done bathing? The food's here already" he said, pointing to the kitchen table outside the room. He walked over to me and took my towel. Before I could even protest, he took the towel and started to wipe my back, flipping me around. I calmed down and let him wipe me down. As he wiped my body, I could feel his love as if they were oozing out of his touches. I saw the look in his eyes and immediately I felt that familiar feeling of warmth that filled my heart.