Chapter Thirteen: Square One

"Are you...Jealous?" I asked, as I looked at Samson. He didn't reply so I decided to liven up the mood. "You are jealous aren't you? But look, Amanda's just a friend". We stayed silent for a while. I would've thought Samson would defend his pride and deny the jealousy but he seemed to just accept it in silence. It was about a few minutes before he started talking.

"Charles. I admit I felt a stab in the chest when I saw you with Amanda at school. And when I saw you two again at the mall...I..." he said, stopping to find words to continue. I pulled him into a hug there and then. How could I have been so insensitive? Of course if he loved me, he would've at least felt jealous seeing Amanda with me. Of course I would be so familiar with that feeling when I see Samson and Priscilla together. I hate that feeling. It's like a sledgehammer slams into your chest and you find it hard to breathe. The pain is slow and dragged out but somewhat intense as well. If I could, I wish this feeling never existed.

"If we could forget what the world wants us to be, what is it you want Samson?" I asked him in a gentle whisper as I cradled him. He gently pushed me apart, looked at me with a sad frown and said, "I want you, Charles". Then, I just let everything take its course. I relaxed myself as I saw him closing in on me. And then, our lips interlocked and we started kissing. Our tongues playfully intertwined and danced. I bit him bottom lip and sucked on it and then we exchanged and did the same on the other. It felt like a seriously long time, but we finally broke off the kiss.

He carried the look of seriousness in his face. But in his eyes, all I could see was confusion. "Samson. I'm sorry but I just can't walk away. I can't do it... I just can't bear to think of a day when you will no longer be with me." I said, a little surprised that something so mushy and romantic actually escaped my mouth. "Me too, Charles. I need you. I want you beside me", he said. "Samson" I whispered in a sob before I lunged myself into a hug with him.

We hugged for a long time. When I looked at the clock again when we broke the hug, it was almost 11 30. "It's getting late. We should sleep now." I announced. "Ok", he replied. Then, he swiftly cradled my neck and pulled me to bed. I tried to resist his cuddling, protesting that it is too hot and uncomfortable but my protests all fell on deaf ears. "Keep me warm Charles. I'm cold tonight", he whispered. With that sentence, my heart fluttered, skipped a beat. How can I ignore a request like that? "Ok" I managed to say. I was smiling then, and fell asleep into the arms of my beloved Samson.

It was morning and I heard bangs on something. It kind of sounded like banging on a door. I suddenly realised it was morning and we weren't even dressed up for school. OMG! We are super late for school! I shook Samson to wake up. "Samson. Samson. It's 9! We have school today and we are so late!" "Let's just not go to school today ok?" he said. I couldn't wake him up so I went to the door to open it to calm whoever was insistently knocking on it.

I opened the door and Aunty Marie was there at the door. "I've been knocking on the door for hours, are you alright young master?" she asked. "I'm fine. I just overslept. We won't be going in for school today then. I don't want to be sent for detention", I said to her. "Ok. Young master. I'll tell ma'am to write into your school later. Come down for breakfast later", she said. I nodded and shut the door again.

I went to the bed again and whispered to Samson. "We won't be going to school today, how would you want to spend today?" He opened his eyes slightly and looked at me then he pretended to sleep again, a smile on his face. "Oh come on. Don't go back to sleep", I nudged him. He opened his eyes slightly and smiled. Before I could think of anything, he grabbed me and hugged me to him again. "Hey hey. Don't go back to sleep. I don't want to be like this the entire day" I protested. "It feels nice this way. Let's just stay like this awhile longer ok?" he whispered.

I couldn't argue with that so I just relaxed and lay on Samson's chest, listening to his heartbeat. Like a lullaby, it lulled me to sleep. It was Samson who got up a few minutes later that I realised that I had fallen asleep again. We went to wash up after that. In the bathroom, as he went to pee, I playfully hugged him from the back. "Hey Charles! I can't pee like this", he said. I leaned over and gave him a kiss. "Eww Charles. You haven't brushed your teeth yet", he said.