Chapter 5

Click Star/Vote!!

Karina handed me a tennis racket, and she also gave the others different weapons

I looked at her, confused, and then looked back and forth at the racket she had just handed to me

"eh? Is this my weapon? Are you joking?" She looks at me, I was trying to control my annoyance at the situation, even though I was annoyed with Karina's stubbornness and the situation, I couldn't help but notice my friends giggling.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Tch.

"I wanted a real weapon, not this stupid racket. It's lame. What am I supposed to do with this?" I mean, this is thick, and hard just like my.. Kidding. But honestly I will struggle to use this.

My irritation grew even more as I heard Karina's simple reply

"That or none." Then, I realized that I had heard those words already, from Ning, her best friend and ally.

But... did she really just use the same words Ning had said earlier? She must have known I had heard that already. What was going on here? Was this all just a game to irritate me?

I was silent as I continued to look annoyed, then, I felt a gentle pat on my back. It was Minju.

"it's alright!" She giggled, my chuckles stopped abruptly when I heard Karina speak.

"Go back to your group, puss." I looked at Minju with wide eyes, confused and annoyed at the same level as she was. Why would Karina say that? Was she mad at Minju for something?

Minju quietly left, looking annoyed.

I turned to look at my racket, overthinking what would happen to me and my mission with this weapon.
Then, in the corner of my eye, I saw Ryujin and Yujin approach me, laughing.

"That's a cute weapon, Win!" Ryujin drapes her arms around my shoulder.

"Shut up."

___

We gathered as a squad again.

"Remember to grab as much as you all can, okay? Just go to the convenience store near here" Karina handed a walkie talkie to Jennie, the leader of the other group.

"While me and my group will go to the nearest supermarket. We're not sure where that is yet, but just mind your mission and go back here." They just nodded in response, and they all looked so serious.