Chapter 27 - Run away

Click the Star/Vote!!

"I don't want to miss my graduation, okay?" Giselle rolled her eyes, exasperated by Ning's constant complaints, since they were talking for like several minutes now.

I was sitting here with them on the sofa, squeezed between Yujin and Ryujin.

"You and Karina will be graduating this year?" I asked, joining the conversation.

"How did you know?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You just said it yourself, duh." I gave her an exaggerated eye roll.

Ning was momentarily stunned by my response, before getting riled up again.

"Did you just duh me? You idiot!" She reached for a nearby sofa cushion, ready to throw it at me.

"Sorry! I was just imitating you!" I quickly apologized, a playful grin on my face.

"You better be!" Ning shot back, rolling her eyes dramatically.

"And, yeah."

"Karina and I are both education students. We won't even get to experience being student teachers." She clicked her tongue.

"That must be tough." I nodded, trying to sound sympathetic.

"Being a teacher sounds fun, isn't it?"

Ning cocked an eyebrow and retorted.

"You think teaching is fun?! Ha, you've got no idea. It was indeed fun, yeah. But the whole process is a nightmare. But that business management thingy you do? Probably a piece of cake, right?" I was taken aback by her assumptions.

"Excuse me?!" 

"You think business management is some walk in the park? Do you even know the complex maths and finance equations?" My voice was rising in defensiveness.

"And for your information, I'm an architectural student. So don't come at me with your assumptions!"

Ning looked taken aback by my revelation, her expression transitioning from smug to surprised. It seemed we had both underestimated each other's degrees.

"But Giselle told me..." Ning began, her gaze slowly shifting to Giselle, who gave an awkward smile in response.

"You brat! This is the second time you told me lies!" Ning exclaimed, standing up and chasing after Giselle who run away.

"I was just kidding!!" Giselle's voice echoed through the air as they both disappeared from sight.

Ryujin nudged me, a smirk playing on her face.

"Looks like they're writing their own love story, huh?" She teased.

"What the heck." I chuckle.

"Do you think they have feelings for each other?" Yujin butts in.

The three of us stared towards the kitchen's direction, where Ning and Giselle had vanished.