Chapter 18

The three arrived at a subdivision, heading towards the houses in search of a place to stay for the night.

Yunjin opened the gate while Winter and Karina entered, Karina holding Eunchae's hand.

As Yunjin shut the gate, it made a loud, metallic sound, which echoed out into the neighborhood.

Karina slowly and cautiously opened the main door, looking inside and making sure it was clear from any threats. She gestured to the other two indicating that the house was safe to enter.

When she pushed the door open, they saw that the house seemed empty, with no signs of zombies or any other kind of danger being present.

The Ginger entered first, followed by Yunjin, then finally Karina who was still holding Eunchae.

"Woah.. This place looks so cozy!" Yunjin said, her eyes glancing around the room and taking in its surroundings. The soft couches and the comfortable, welcoming atmosphere made her grin widely.

She instantly ran towards a sofa and jumped onto it, laying down and enjoying its soft feeling as Eunchae ran to her and also jumping at the sofa, giggling.

However, Winter's unease grew as she turned to face Karina, the Black-Haired's expression shifting from confusion to suspicion.

"Hmm?" Karina seemed curious, a look of concern growing on her face as she studied Winter.

"Do you want to rest now? I'll guide you to the bedroom." She added, grasping the Latter's arm.

"No, I don't want to." Winter responded with a slight shake of her head.

"Huh?" Karina's eyebrows furrowed as her expression began to shift from confusion to concern.

"Karina, our friends.. I don't know where they are, i want to find them, but I don't know where..." Winter began to tear up as she spoke with a shaky voice, the taller woman quickly pulling her into a tight embrace before the Ginger buried her face into Latter's chest.

"Let's look for them, please. I don't know where Kai brought them.." Winter whispered softly, her sobs growing louder as the tears rolled down her face.

"Kai?" Karina looked at Winter curiously, wondering if she had heard correctly.

"Kai, I don't know him either. But.." Winter remembered the existence of the letter, the one she had seen and now was in her pocket. She took the paper from her pocket and found out it's still damp since the she got soaked from the lake earlier.

The Black-Haired gently removed the letter from Winter's hands, her curiosity getting the better of her as she tried to read the contents of the letter. Her eyebrows furrowed as she read the words on the paper, but after a few moments of contemplation, she looked up at the Latter.

Since the paper was damp and folded, Karina unfolded it completely in order to try and dry it. However, as the Black-Haired and the Ginger looked closer at the damp paper, they both saw something on it, a single word.

They squinted their eyes to get a better look at what they were seeing, and in a moment of realization.

"Gymnasium!?" Both said in sync, looking at each other with wide faces of surprise.

"What does that mean?" Winter asked, unsure of what the word could have meant in context.

"Does that mean that Kai brought them to the gymnasium?" Karina responded.

"Right... That's right!" Winter affirmed, realizing the possible meaning of it.

"Lets go, let's save them..." Winter said, her voice filled with determination, only for Karina to retort swiftly in response.