Special Chapter (M)

Click the Star/Vote!!

Hope you enjoy this very last chapter!

[ Karina ]

If you were to ask me, I would undoubtedly say that I am the happiest person today, and for the days will come.

I picked up my phone, my mind distracted as my makeup artist applied the final touches to my wedding look.

Gazing at my reflection in the mirror, a smile played on my lips as I wondered what Winter would think of me on this special day. Would she see me as her wife? Or perhaps the mother of her future child?

I studied myself in the mirror, observing every detail of my appearance.

"Am I pretty enough?" I asked my makeup artist, unable to shake off my self-doubt.

She looked at me quizzically through the mirror, her eyes wide with surprise.

"Of course you are, Miss Karina! You look absolutely beautiful" She proudly raised my hair to showcase the elegant waves she had skillfully created.

I continued to look at myself in the mirror, my mind filled with insecurity.

"Do you think she would love this? My looks, my everything?" My makeup artist sighed in response, gently scolding me.

"How do you think Winter would feel if you questioned her love for you? Anyway, your look is complete. It's time for the final fitting of your gown, let's go." She offered her hand to help me up, and I quickly accepted, stepping down from the chair.

Wearing a silk bathrobe, I stepped out of the room, greeted by the sight of my bridesmaids which are all my friends, all dressed in their own silk robes, their hair and makeup perfectly done.

They stood there, holding small bouquets of flowers, their smiles mirroring my own excitement.

The official photographer that we had hired for the day spotted us and we quickly posed when he pointed his camera on our direction, capturing a beautiful moment of me and my bridesmaids.

Time seemed to slow down as I began my walk down the aisle. All around me, I could see our relatives, guests, and friends.

Yet, my attention was captured by a single figure at the end of the aisle,

Winter.

All I could see was her as I continued my journey down the aisle, my heart skipping a beat with every step closer I came to her.

Everything else faded away, and it was as if the surroundings had transformed into a field of grass. The only person I could see, the only person that mattered, was her. My soon-to-be wife.

The moment our lips met for the very first time as a married couple, time seemed to stand still as the world around us melted away. It was as if only the two of us existed, lost in a moment of love, commitment, and undeniable joy.

I never felt what home is
Until there was her.
Home is no longer a physical place
But wherever she was.