Chapter 15

[ Winter ]

They shoved us inside the gate, and the pain from the wound on my abdomen was throbbing.

Fear and desperation engulfed me as I looked around, my vision blurring with tears. I was so scared for my friends' lives and my own. My heart pounded in my chest, and my breaths came in ragged gasps, every moment feeling like an eternity of pure madness and terror.

"Stay here," the longhaired guy said to us, gesturing at his mates.

We had little choice but to obey and obey.

"Hey, you all! Kneel down!" We kneeled down on the rough ground beneath us as our backs were kicked by their boots.

He entered the hospital, leaving us all to wait.

We remained in this kneeling position, our knees beginning to ache as the moment slowly ticked by.

We didn't know what was happening in that hospital, but we imagined that it couldn't be good.

Several minutes had passed, and the guy was still not coming back.

What's taking him so long.

"What now?" I heard Giselle complain, only for a voice to hush her from behind.

"Shut up." A kick delivered by a guy behind her shut her up, and we remained there, kneeling in silence.

As another minutes had passed, it started getting dark.

I felt the soft touch of raindrops on my cheeks, and I looked up to see it had started raining. The raindrops began as a light sprinkle but quickly turned into a heavy downpour, drenching my entire body.

Shit!

The enemies ran inside the hospital, their guns leveled at us to prevent us from running away, and they sheltered themselves from the rain while watching over us all as we kneeled on the rough ground and endured the unforgiving rain.

It was so cold, and I could feel my body shivering beneath the merciless rain. I looked at the enemies smiling at us and realized it wasn't a look of empathy, but one of amusement and cruelty.

These devils!.. I swear i'll kill y'all..

The stab in my abdomen was throbbing with pain and I winced as the wound was further irritated by the cold rain.

I was freezing and my body was soaked from the relentless rain, causing both my entire body and my wound to pulsate with pain.

I couldn't handle the cold or the ache in my abdomen, and then suddenly my vision became blurry. I felt woozy, as if I were about to faint, and my body fell to the ground in front of me with a heavy thump.

I regained consciousness and felt a wave of coldness sweep over me. I was confused and disoriented, feeling as if I had just endured hours of torture.

Am i.. a i really awake now? Why!?

I wondered why I was gaining consciousness now and prayed that God would just give me a bit more time to rest and just let me unconscious for more hours.. Or even days.

I looked around and realize I was alone in this dark room and been untied. But, Where were my friends? We had been in this nightmare together, and now it seemed I was the only one left.