Chapter 24 (M)

Click the Star/Vote!!

It's been three days since we left that house full with chaos. We are now living in a nearby house, grateful for the food supplies we found in its pantry enough to regain our energy.

Although we are no longer starving, my friends remain injured, their wounds still healing. My legs have begun to unswell too. Karina's arm was tended to by Yeji, a nursing student who, although not a surgeon, successfully removed the bullet.

Don't ask what she used... but Yeji skillfully removed the bullet using a plier that we just found in the house. She repeated the procedure on Rosé's leg that was also shot.

Giselle and Niki had been stabbed in the arm and hip, while the rest of the group were mostly affected just with bruises and minor injuries.

I slowly limped my way towards the kitchen, heading for the refrigerator in search of the milk that Minju had mentioned when we observed this house.

Upon opening it, I found the much-desired milk and grabbed it as I'm a very much milk enthusiast, closing the refrigerator door afterwards.

As I turned to face the counter, Karina suddenly appeared, causing me to jump in surprise, as if I had just seen a ghost.

"What the heck!" I massaged my chest with a fisted hand and place the carton of milk at the counter.

Karina stood in front of the counter, her arms crossed defiantly. Her left bicep was wrapped with a gauze, covering the wound from her recent bullet injury.

"Why so surprised?" Karina chuckled at my reaction, her head tilting to the side.

"N-nothing.. why'd you have to scare me like that?"

"I just stood here quietly, that's scary?" Karina's smile widened, and I felt some butterflies at my stomach. Butterflies? No, it's a goddamn zoo.

I just rolled my eyes playfully. She slowly walked towards me, her hands finding their way to my waist, and that smile that I never seen before, not leaving her lips.

"Let's go." My gaze turns to her eyes. She then surprised me with a gentle peck beneath my eye, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Wait, I was just trying to get some milk..." I pointed at the carton of milk at the counter.

"Why don't you drink my milk instead?"

___

[ Giselle ]

I was sitting on the bed, leaning against the frame. Ning was next to me in the corner of the bed, her presence leaning gently against mine.

She focused intently as she treated the stab wound on my arm by wrapping a gauze on it, while now putting an iodine at the bruise on my neck.

A heavy silence hung in the air, broken only by the calm rise and fall of our breaths.

I observed her serious expression while my head was turned slightly upwards, my gaze tracing the lines of her face. Despite the bruise on her cheekbone, she looked stunning, she was just like a flower in bloom, and a moon that shines so bright.