Chapter 16

- The Next Day -

The rays of sunlight slowly penetrated through my eyelids, filling my eyes with brightness. I slowly cracked open my eyes, feeling the heaviness of sleep wash over my body and fill my eyes.

"uh.." As my eyes adjusted to the light, I sat up and stretched, allowing my tired limbs a moment of relief from the tension of sleep.

I gradually opened my eyes, feeling my body awash in a mix of confusion and exhaustion. My eyes scanned the surroundings, searching for any signs of my friends.

"Where are you all? don't pull off some pranks on me, idiot.."

The realization suddenly hit me, as I suddenly remembered the events of last night.

My eyes went wide as I frantically searched the surroundings for the kid from last night. Who was it again... Eunchae!!

"Damn, where is that kid?" I immediately stood up, groaning from my abdominal pain.

"Eunchae!? Baby, where are you?" I searched around this store, frantically looking for her.

I opened a door and felt relieved seeing her near the faucet at the bathroom, without her top clothing and she's holding it, wiggling it around as she plays her shirt.

Aishh.. This kid.

She's so messy, maybe she's just irritated from that dirt around her body? Didn't have any time last night to clean her since i was so tired and i took the moment just to sleep.

I headed towards her, noticing how she was playing with the faucet but there was no running water. It seemed like she had been doing this for a while by now.

"Baby, what are you doing there?" I looked at the faucet, noticing it wasn't running anything, but still thinking of some water coming out of it.

"There's no water running here, so there's no need to play with the faucet." I opened and closed the faucet back and forth, but there was still no water.

"Baby Eunchae, do you want to clean up?" I knelt down to her level and looked at her, a mixture of concern and curiosity.

"Do you feel messy?" I wasn't sure if I was making any sense or not, but my concern for her was genuine.

She nodded back at me, filling my heart with joy and affection for her cuteness.

"Well, I'm going to take you to a lake, okay?" I stand up and gently take her hand, eager to get moving.

"Oh, wait.." I bend down and pick up her shirt, gently putting it back on her again.

We made our way out of the bathroom, me doing a quick scan of the outside area before removing the plank protecting the door. Well, the area is clear.

"Hey, whatever you do, don't make any noise, okay?" I spoke to her in a softly reassuring way, trying to put her at ease.

With the scissors in my pocket, I picked her up and carried her, taking a quick glance at the surroundings before opening the door and walking outside cautiously, keeping my eyes around the area.

We reached the lake, taking Eunchae with me, but my mind was all over the place. I didn't know what to do first - take care of this kid or find my friends, but where would I find them?