Chapter 9

[ Winter ]

I was now alone in the edge of the gymnasium, leaning my back to the wall, and hugging my legs. I couldn't help but look at the rest of the group from afar, as they continued laughing and talking with each other. i rested my chin on my knee.

I found myself glancing at Karina every now and then, as she was sitting alone, sharpening her katana. I felt nervous about this, even if I didn't know exactly why. I still couldn't wrap my head around that, and I wasn't sure if there was a deeper reason as to why she made me nervous now.

"Minjeongie!" Minju suddenly came over and I looked up at her. I was confused as to how she knew my real name.

"You hungry?" She sat beside me and leaned back at the wall, with her legs spread.

"I already ate with my friends earlier" I explained to her with a small smile.

"How did you know my real name by the way?" I raised an eyebrow, but continued to speak in a softer and more playful tone.

"Your friends told me! giselle basically" aish giselle..

"So you're Minjeong Kim? That sounds awesome!" she continued with a light chuckle.

"Ahh, not really." I teased, rolling my eyes playfully.

"It's almost like my name, Minju Kim, right!? Isn't that so cool?" she giggles, as if it were an amusing coincidence.

"It is!" I exclaimed, giving her slight smile.

"Wait, you're Kim too?" I looked at her, my curiosity piqued.

"We have the same last name. We're like a married-" As she's about to finish her sentence, we're suddenly interrupted by a deep and powerful feminine voice. We look up to see Karina, her katana aimed directly at me.

"Winter, stand up." Her sharp and stern words take me by surprise.

"W-why?!" I questioned, my face full of confusion.

"I said, stand up" she repeated sharply, her voice full of command.
My body instantly responded to her command and I stood up, hastily brushing some dust off my pants.

"Go there and count how many canned foods we got," she points at the carts of food with a cold glare. I oblige without hesitation.

I started itching my neck and slowly walked away, making my way towards the carts full of foodstuffs. I gave a quick look back at Minju, who was still sitting in the same spot. Then I caught Karina's glare as she left the area, her eyes boring into my back.

As I counted the number of canned goods in the cart, I heard a voice behind me.

"What are you doing? You look.. dumb doing that" I turned around to see the blonde who had tied me up earlier leaning against the cart and grinning at me.

"I'm Rosé, if you forgot" she added, smirking and raising her eyebrow.

"Let me help you with it. one, two three-" the blonde said and started counting the canned goods herself. She paused for a moment, then said dismissively,

'This is really dumb" I shrugged and continued counting slowly and lazily.

"Karina told me to do it." I said, trying to ignore the blonde's comment. 16, 17, 18,. As I counted the remaining cans, I thought of how stupid and pointless this task seemed to be, but I decided not to question it anymore.

"Hm... What's your name again?"
The blonde asked suddenly, causing me to look at her, but before I could answer, another voice rang out, cutting me off,