Chapter 29 - Both Crazy

Click the Star/Vote!!

Inhale.. Exhale!!

"Let's go. Where's Winter?" Chaewon walked towards us stretching her arms at our direction, but as she did, I took a step back, holding the baseball bat firmly in my hands.

A wave of panic washed over me as I struggled to come up with a plan. My mind raced, trying to find a suitable solution but nothing came to me.

"They're not here." I reluctantly admitted, my voice betraying my attempt to sound convincing.

"Oh, come on Giselle. Don't cover up your friend. If Karina gets mad then.. It'll be your fault." Chaewon wiggled her eyebrows, is she trying to scare me??

"I said they're not here!" I repeated, my voice growing louder in frustration.

"Oh, it does look like she's telling the truth." Jisoo chimed in.

"Search the house for them." Rosé suddenly instructed, the other two obediently heading upstairs while she stood in front of Ryujin and me.

"We're not your enemies, Giselle. Just come back to us with Winter, and Karina will appreciate it." Rosé said, her eyes locked on mine.

"We just gotta keep our friend safe and sound, away from danger." Ryujin butts in. Right!

Rosé nodded, but her expression was skeptical.

"Danger? What danger?"

"You don't know?" Ryujin asks, her voice filled with disbelief.

"Karina! She's crazy, and she's a-"

"All I know is that she's worried about Winter. And all of you." Rosé interrupted Ryujin's words, cutting her off mid-sentence.

"Tch. Just tell us!"

Jisoo and Chaewon suddenly came back, announcing.

"They are not upstairs!"

"What?!"

"Where are they, huh?" Rosé demanded, her eyes fixated on us with a mix of anger and frustration.

"I told you, they left!" I replied, my voice betraying a hint of nervousness. Swallowing a lump in my throat, I wondered to myself.. Where are them though??

Rosé's grip on my collar was unexpected, and I felt helplessness wash over me.

"Giselle, you better talk!! Or Karina's gonna be so mad at you!"

"I really don't know!" I shook my head desperately, anxiety coursing through my veins.

Rosé released her grip on me, and then directed Chaewon to take action.

"Call them."

Chaewon quickly moved outside, leaving me, Ryujin, Rosé and Jisoo standing.

Panic filled me as I wondered whom they were going to call. Karina? But my fear didn't end there. Ning! I really miss her already, but I don't wanna get scolded!