Chapter 7

[ Yeji ]

I was sprinting with all I had after hastily procuring some blankets from a nearby supermarket.

It was crucial to return to the gymnasium as quickly as possible, and ryujin was keeping pace with me the entire trip back.

"how old are you?" Despite the haste, ryujin was still incessantly talking to me, and I managed to keep up with her while struggling to hold onto the blankets.

"Oh, hell, shut up," I kept running, trying not to let her distract me.
I looked back and saw the others lagging behind.

"God, do we really need to run all the way? there's no even zombies chasing us" Sunoo complained as he stopped running, panting.

"You're right, but let's not stop here, shall we?" Ning replied, and the group was about to pick up their paces again when realized something,

"guys... where's Karina?" I panicked, looking around frantically and double-checking that everyone from the group was still present.

"and Winter?" Ryujin added, and that sent our group into a frenzy, we hadn't noticed the absence until that moment, and it was a cause for major concern.

"oh, my god, let's go back!" I said and dropped the blanket to the ground, grabbing my weapon from my back.

"wait. What if they got bitten? I'm crying" Sunoo cut me off again, and I sighed, frustrated. i grabbed him and began to drag him back towards the supermarket, and the others quickly followed suit, dropping the blankets they were holding.

When we arrived back at the supermarket, we were now in front of the establishment and stopped suddenly.

Our heart rates spiked as we saw the large group of zombies inside that was far more than before. i could feel my stomach churn with fear and dread, and I wasn't sure of what to do.

"oh fuck" i cursed.

"bullshit, how will we enter that!" -ryujin

"holy- don't tell me we're fighting those!?" -yujin

"can you two shut up!?" ning scolded them.

"be for real Ning, you actually want to go in there?" Ryujin said, jokingly pushing Ning in a playful manner.

"dumbass, did i said i wanna go there!?" Ning retorted with annoyance on her face.

"What if they got bitten there already?" Sunoo muttered with a panic in his voice, and his words sent a chill down my spine,

"Karina is powerful, but she's still one person. She can't take on a whole mob by herself" he continued, sounding concerned.

"Oh, plus Winter..." Yujin added,

"She's as fragile as a flower" she continued with a laugh, clearly joking at this point.

"What if they actually got lost separated?" Ning asked, and our group fell silent.

"Let's just shut up and go there to save them. Let's go!" I said, preparing my weapon.