Chapter 10

[ Third Person ]

"You two had s-" Jay was about to repeat his sentence, but Karina shouts, cutting him off mid-sentence.

"Shut the fuck up, jay. It's none of your business." karina was still calm at the moment as she tried walking away.

"Jay, it's not what you think," Winter said with an undercurrent of annoyance in her tone. Jay rolled her eyes at Winter's reply, then continued in a cool and steady voice,

"Do you think I haven't heard the whole conversation?" Casting a side-glance at Karina And his sentence made the Black-haired woman stop in her tracks, unsure of what he meant and why this comment made her uneasy.

Karina turned around to face Jay, her face flushed with anger, her eyes ablaze with fire as she grabbed the boy's collar clearly wanting to hurt him.

"What did you just say?" she demanded, her grip on Jay's collar tightening.

"So you listened to us without our permission?" Jay froze in shock for a moment, his face suddenly pale, his eyes widening in surprised fear. Before he could reply, the others stopped them.

The others approached, their curiosity piqued and senses on high alert.

"What's happening here?" Jennie spoke up, her head swivelling back and forth between Winter, Jay, and Karina.

"Did y'all know that these two-" The boy was suddenly cut off by Karina's swift slap, her face flushed with anger, her eyes blazing with fire.

The sudden movement and slapping motion had caught them all by surprise.

"Stop it!" Chaewon exclaimed, moving to intervene.

"What the hell!?" Sunoo echoed in disbelief, quickly followed by the others as they stepped in between Karina and Jay to keep them at a distance. Winter immediately grabbed karina away from the squad.

"Why did you do that?" Winter asked in a clear and steady voice, her expression neutral and controlled.
Karina looked away, not meeting Winter's gaze, her face flushed with anger and embarassment as she blurted,

"Do you want him to just let everyone know? And he just listened to our conversation just like that?!" Winter remained steady, her face unperturbed by Karina's anger and her voice even, even as the atmosphere between them grew tense.

"Of course not," Winter said in a calm, reassuring tone. "But you didn't need to do that." Karina looked away, her breathing steadying as she tried to control her anger.

"He even might tell everyone now that we're away." she muttered, glancing at the squad from afar.

"I'm sure he wouldn't" Winter repeated confidently, her gaze still turned towards the group, though her attention was split between them and Karina.

"You look so fine while being angry, you know?" At Winter's compliments, Karina's face flushed, turning a vibrant crimson color like a ripe tomato. She quickly turned away, her face hidden in embarrassment, but not before Winter caught her blushing.

"But being stressed is bad for you." The older woman's cheeks turned even redder as her face burned with embarrassment, her eyes still turned away and her expression one of flustered awkwardness.

"Oh, shut up," Karina retorted, giving Winter a heated glare. However, her face remained flushed with embarrassment, the compliments from Winter clearly having an effect on her.

"Your compliment won't calm me down." Winter's eyes traced the lines of her face before turning away with the slightest smile.

"It's not a compliment," she said with a playful tone, "I'm just describing you, okay?" The older woman looked away again, keeping her face turned from Winter, which only made the latter chuckle softly to herself.