Chapter 11 (M)

[ Minju ]

I was sitting in the corner, feeling uneasy and occasionally glancing towards Winter and Karina, who seemed to be having a conversation with each other every other minute. I hated it, unable to explain why I was feeling so jealous.

Suddenly, Jennie clapped to capture everyone's attention.

"Everyone, gather here!" We all complied, standing in the middle as Jennie was holding a piece of paper, which she was now looking at intensely.

"Karina found a paper that could be Jay's suicide note." Jennie explained, her tone turning somber and serious as we read the letter together.

"I'm sorry, everyone," I read, my eyes gliding over the letter quickly.

"I'm sorry for being so short-tempered that I sometimes hurt some of you and me being a brat. for threatening winter that morning and pointing a dagger at her neck.. im writing this while-" The end of the letter was cut off, making me wonder what Jay had intended to say in his final words.

"That's definitely Jay's handwriting" Niki said, pointing at the paper with growing realization and sadness.

"Well, that confirms it" Lisa interjected, causing some of the other students to tear up in grief and shock.

"Wait, does that mean-" I didn't finish my sentence, my mind being flooded with questions and possibilities. Was Jay having some kind of mental breakdown because of something to do with this crisis?

I walked away, retreating back into the corner once more where I had been sitting earlier.

I glanced over at Winter, who had buried her face into Karina's chest and was being comforted by her with a gentle back rub. I'm feeling a pang of jealousy at their closeness and doubting myself in that moment. Am I just pathetic? My thoughts were filled with questions, suspicions, and insecurities.

I was more stressed about Karina being close to Winter than caring about Jay.

"Forget it." I mumbled under my breath, rolling my eyes in an attempt to ignore my feelings and pretend like everything was fine. But deep down, I felt my heart aching as I thought about the possibility that there was something more to their relationship than just a simple friendship. I couldn't help but feel bitter and resentful towards Winter for being able to find comfortable in someone else while I was alone. Fuck it!

[ Ning ]

"Ms. Attitude! Can we talk?" Here she was again, Giselle. that stinky bitch that always had something annoying to say.

"What do you want, idiot?" I shot back, my arms crossed and my face filled with annoyance.

Winter was busy sobbing into Karina's arms, clearly inconsolable by this situation. while Giselle and their other friends, Yujin and Ryujin, seemed to be faking their tears in a rather overdramatic way.

"Aish, come on, let's talk" Giselle said softly, while giving me a small but forceful bump on the side, almost causing me to fall over. This bitch!

"Are you gonna flirt with me again or just annoy me!?" my face filled with annoyance and anger. I was so done with her and her constant pestering, as if she enjoyed seeing me irritated by her presence.

"You look so fine when being angry" Giselle said, raising her eyebrows a few times and smirking as she studied me with her gaze. I just looked back at her disgustedly, my expression giving away my annoyance and confusion as to why she seemed to take pleasure in annoying me.