𝐈𝐗

THE WEEKND - OFTENᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

THE WEEKND - OFTEN
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

Chapter Nine

Control

I knew coming here was a mistake.

I had to spend the entire week with Andrea and her boyfriend, who had to be my stalker and the same guy with whom I almost lost my virginity.

I was right. This was just the beginning.

It didn't help that their bedroom was right next to mine and I could clearly hear them fuck, their bed squeaking and my sister moaning.

I couldn't sleep, so I spent the last forty minutes of my life in the living room, sitting on the couch and studying.

I'm a college student aspiring to be a lawyer. I've always been interested in justice and fairness.

Becoming a lawyer would allow me to speak for those who lack a voice, manage the legal system's intricacies, and contribute to constructive societal change.

I've always been a bright student. Maybe because I didn't have a choice. I was obliged to study every night when I was homeschooled, and if I earned a grade lower than 90%, my father would be angry. That was the case for my siblings and me.

I took a short break and went to the kitchen to get a cold water bottle from the fridge. While drinking, I leaned against the counter and went through my phone.

I halted as I browsed through my messages when I came across one from Carson that I had never responded to. I haven't spoken to him since what happened.

He had a broken nose the last time I saw him, while I was out with Nora. When he tried to approach me, I left before he could speak to me.

"What are you doing here this late." My body tensed slightly when I heard a startling deep voice. Alessandro was there as he opened the fridge.

"That's none of your business." I crossed my arms and looked at him as he continued to peer into the fridge as if it were his own.

I hate how comfortable he was here.

"And you, what are you doing here?"

"I was thirsty." He said as he closed the fridge and took a water bottle in his hand.

"No, what are you doing here? Here in this house." I said. "You stalk me, then come back and date my sister?" This can't be a coincidence."