𝐗𝐈𝐗

CRY BABY -  THE NEIGHBOURHOODᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

Chapter Nineteen

Insecure girl

"Who did this?" My brother narrowed his eyes at me. He took a cotton pad from my bathroom cupboard and drenched it in alcohol.

"I told you, I hit my head on a broken glass." I winced when the alcohol made sudden contact with my wound, creating a searing sensation.

"And your busted-up lips?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I-I accidentally hit myself." I swallowed thickly, and he scoffed, tilting my head up to clean up the cut on my lips.

"Bullshit." He says, dropping the cotton pad into my trash can.  "You're a horrible liar you know that?"

"I'm not lying."

"Yeah, my ass." He rolled his eyes and I stood up from the toilet seat and stared at myself in the mirror.

I had a slash through my brow, dangerously close to my eyes, caused by the glass he flung at me. My lower lip was injured from his punch.

I pulled the neckline of my hoodie down to reveal the mark of his hand around my neck from when he was attempting to choke me to death. Telling and reminding me that I am worthless and I was a mistake.

"Sollana," Emilio notices the tears rolling down my cheeks. He drew me into an embrace, and I put my arms around his torso, buried my face into his chest.

"It's Dad?" He grumbled softly, and I did not respond as I buried my face deeper into my brother's chest, seeking solace in the comforting warmth of his embrace. My father's harsh remarks echoed in my head, a painful reminder of the emotional wounds I was carrying.

"You are a worthless daughter. All you do is destroy this family." He spits as he clutches my throat, applying enough pressure to bruise and injure me. The next thing I knew, his fist had hit my mouth.

"Is this what you do, whoring yourself in a club? Is this why you desire to live alone? To be a slut?" My body shook with panic when the glass in his palm made contact with my skin as he flung it at me.

"I don't understand why he treats me like this," I said, my voice strangled with sorrow as he tenderly ran his hand over my hair. "What have I done wrong?"

"You've done nothing wrong, you don't deserve to be treated like this." He stroked my hair and laid his chin on top of my head. "Don't let his words impact you; you're not useless, no matter what he said you. You've done a lot for this family, and all he wants to do is belittle you. You know you are more than that, Sollana."