Chapter 3: "The Fateful Meeting"

Shoto Todoroki had endured a year of torment within the walls of his Japanese-style home. It had been a year since he last saw his mother, locked away in a psychiatric facility, her mind shattered by the trauma she had endured. Without her presence, the home had turned into a living nightmare. The disappearance of Toya, his older brother, only fueled the flames of their father's brutality. Enji Todoroki couldn't accept that his sacrifices, including Toya's, had been in vain. Shoto was to become the number one hero at any cost, and his father's relentless pursuit of this goal had become inhuman.

On that fateful day, Shoto couldn't take the torment any longer. The pain, both physical and emotional, had become too much to endure. He made a daring decision to escape, to run from the horrors that had consumed his life.

With tears in his mismatched eyes and the resolve to find a better life, Shoto fled the Japanese-style home that had been a prison of suffering. He ran as fast as his young legs could carry him, away from the pain and cruelty that had imprisoned him for far too long.

His aimless flight led him to Sekoto Peak, a place of solitude and reflection, where Toya, his older brother, had last been seen before his mysterious disappearance.

As he reached the summit, gasping for breath, he saw a girl his age. She was sitting there, her gaze fixed on the horizon, seemingly lost in thought.

Shoto's presence didn't go unnoticed. The girl turned to him, her eyes curious but kind. "Are you okay?" she asked, her voice gentle and soothing.

Shoto, still trying to catch his breath, managed a nod. "I... I had to get away," he stammered, the words escaping like a cry for help.

The girl's eyes held a deep understanding, as if she had sensed the pain and turmoil in him. "I understand," she said softly, offering him a warm smile. "I came here to escape, too. It's a peaceful place."

With that, the two children, both bearing the scars of their own pasts, found solace in each other's company. It was the beginning of a friendship that would shape their destinies, heal their wounds, and lead them towards a future where they could learn to be heroes in their own right, not just for the world, but for themselves.