Chapter 15: "USJ and the Sports Festival"

Momo's optimism shone brightly as the Sports Festival approached. She couldn't wait to showcase her abilities, and she turned to Shoto with determination. "I'm really looking forward to the festival, Shoto. It's a chance to prove myself."

Shoto, however, couldn't shake his inner turmoil. The pressure of living up to his father's legacy weighed heavily on his mind. "This is my opportunity to escape my father's shadow," Shoto contemplated. He wanted to reject the looming legacy of Endeavor and pave his own path.

On the day of the festival, Shoto's irritation was palpable. He declared war with Izuku, whose insecurities were simmering just beneath the surface. "I won't allow anyone to surpass me," Shoto asserted, his competitive spirit on full display.

Momo picked up on Shoto's unease. "Shoto, is something bothering you?" she asked, her concern evident. Shoto hesitated but ultimately decided to keep his struggles to himself. "It's nothing to worry about."

Despite his inner turmoil, Shoto chose Momo as his partner for the second game, a gesture of trust and alliance. Together, they tackled the challenges, showcasing their exceptional teamwork. "We make an incredible team, Shoto," Momo smiled, undeterred by Shoto's guarded demeanor.

As the festival continued, Shoto approached Izuku, a boy brimming with potential but shackled by insecurity. Their conversation was intense, and Shoto unveiled his motivations, drawing a clear line. "I won't let you surpass me, Izuku," Shoto asserted, resolved to reject the legacy thrust upon him by his father.

The dueling segment of the festival commenced, and Momo found herself facing Tokoyami, who exuded calm and respect. The outcome of the fight was disheartening, and Momo couldn't help but feel a crushing sense of disappointment. "I didn't perform as well as I'd hoped. I've let everyone down," she admitted, her confidence taking a hit.

Shoto went on to battle Izuku, leaving a powerful impression on the crowd. Amidst the cheers, a particular phrase echoed in his mind—a reminder of All Might's words and, more significantly, his mother's message. "This is my power, not his," Shoto reflected, marking a turning point in his journey.

This newfound perspective led to a pivotal moment in his fight with Katsuki, a formidable rival. Shoto chose to relinquish victory, realizing that his path wasn't solely defined by revenge. Securing second place, he felt the weight of his father's expectations lift. "My own journey starts here," Shoto contemplated, his heart lighter, and hope rekindled.

The Sports Festival left an indelible mark on both of their lives, igniting new ambitions and uncovering the complexities of their shared journey.