One: Kids Today. Part Two.

Bobby and Hen walked out of the nursing home, and he grabbed his phone...

Bobby: "Chief, what's going on?"

The next morning, Bobby visited Ashleigh in the hospital, and they walked out of the room...

"You sure it's okay to be walking around like this?"

"Yeah, they want me up and moving. You know it's better for the blood flow in my legs. Seriously, if I'm not being poked or they're not testing me, they're making me walk." She said.

"So all that testing, do they have any theories yet as to what caused the clots?"

"Uh, not yet, but the meds are working. You know they're finally sending me home tonight. Oh, hey, um, do I need the hospital to sign some kind of form or anything, you know, for the Department? My clearance?" She asked.

"Um... but you're not... you're not cleared, Ash. Not yet."

"What... yeah... no... I... I passed my physical and my recertification test. I've got everything I... I need." She says, frowning at him.

"It's the blood thinners. Department is concerned about liability issues, and since the doctors haven't figured out what's causing the clots..."

"Uh... I can't come back to work?" She asked.

"Well, Ash, if we were out on a call and something happens to you..."

"Then I would have two paramedics, including myself, standing next to me. I would be fine! Bobby, you... you know how hard I have worked for this. They can't... they can't do this to me. You... you can't let them take away my job." She tells him.

"Hey, we're not. You were injured in the line of duty, and no one is forgetting that. Chief Alonzo thinks that in a few weeks, if you're doing okay on the meds, he can clear you for light duty."

"Light duty? Uh... you mean like a desk job?" She asked.

"Now, listen, Ash, I..."

"Out there in the world, helping people. That's where I belong. That is where I have spent five months fighting to get back to. And now you're gonna tell me I... I can't?"

"Listen, Ash, I know this is hard, but at least light

"Listen, Ash, I know this is hard, but at least light..."

"No, I don't want light duty, okay? And in all honesty, neither would you. I guess they were always right after all." She said, shaking her head and looking down. "No, you and nobody are not putting me behind a desk."

He stared at her.

"I quit. Thank you." She said, turning around and walking away from him.

He signed heavily, standing there alone.

A week had gone by, and Buck was in the gym punching a punch bag...

Hen, Eddie, Bobby, and Chimney were in the kitchen in the firehouse.