Chapter 4: Shocking Revelation

Setting: 2020    

          I woke up from my slumber at 6:30 a.m. when my alarm clock would wake me up. I was in a daze from my dream and woke up with a yawn.

          "Great, another day in boring madness," I thought, waking up from bed.

          I got up from my bed when I heard the shower going. I figured it must be my sister, Beatrice; she always wakes up this early and takes up all the hot water in the shower. With that in mind, I dressed and walked out of my room with heavy sighs.

          I walked out of the room annoyedly while my sister, Elle, was waiting by the bathroom to shower. "Waiting for a shower, I see," I said.

          "Yeah, and I've been waiting for a dang 20 minutes for that witch to get out of the shower," said Elle, folding her arms. Her irritated expression was evident, and she sighed bitterly.

          "Me too, and I still need to get my clothes so I can shower," I said.

          "Yeah," Elle said, wiping the sleep from her eyes.

          I returned to my room and got clothes for a shower when I finally heard the shower water stop. I was relieved because I could get into the shower after Elle without problems. My dearest sister wasn't the type to take too long in the shower, and I was grateful for that.

          I returned outside the shower where Elle was, and Beatrice walked out of the bathroom door like she'd owned the place. She was wearing a fluffy white towel over her body and sneered at us in the process; we rolled our eyes as the witch went to her room to get changed.

          "What a joke she is, thinking she owns the place," Elle said.

          "Yeah, that witch has Mom and Dad wrapped around her finger, and we are bad people to them," I added. "Gall, I despise her a lot of the time!"

          "Yeah, that's for sure," said Elle as she walked into the bathroom and closed the door. She had the attitude of both an upset and angry individual, and it was easy to comprehend.

          Elle was furious because three things happened. One is that there was water on the floor, the shower water was cold, and Beatrice's clothes were scattered all over the bathroom floor. Elle was already annoyed, but now she was ready to scream, and she did!

          After my dearest sister left the bathroom, I hopped in there and did my business. I was also mad because of the same things, but at least I didn't have to pick up after Beatrice's mess! My shower had to be quicker than the usual five to ten minutes because the shower water was barely warm.

          "One minute, that's a record," I said while opening the door to get out of the bathroom. Once I got out of the shower, I dried off and put on my fresh clothes. The happy moment ended when I heard my mother yelling at me to hurry up and get to school as Beatrice did.

          "Annoying witch," I thought as I walked out of the bathroom. I went to the laundry room where Elle was waiting for me to throw my clothes and threw them in with annoyance—a bitter annoyance that one out of two others could have started. Elle closed the entry to the washing machine and met the specific requirements to begin the process.

          "Well, we better get to school now," said Elle, shaking her head. She looked annoyed, and then she looked back at me.

          "Yeah, Mom will most likely take care of it," I replied. I also shook my head with annoyance, and we went to school peacefully.