Chapter 20: Battle of Worthiness

The Freedom Fighter Squad, 76 animals, and Jessica found themselves at Mount Arduous's summit, expecting ice and mountain rock. However, they landed on a misty top with a straight path of dry and wet mountain rock; there were no cracks, and they were next to the three statues.

          The three statues were solid marble in rusty iron. The Griffin statue would be the tallest, the Hydra statue in the middle, and the Chimera statue in the shortest. Each unique statue had its appearance and would be in the center.

          The blood rain was more intense, and the sounds were louder than at the bottom of the solid ground. However, thanks to Crystalline's magic, they were all protected.

          "This is the summit of Mount Arduous!? Gall, I was expecting snow and rocks, not a wet and dry surface to walk on," said Aarti, stomping his foot on the ground.

          "Mount Arduous doesn't get as much snow because it is located right in the center of the equator, which Eldora is below. Its average temperature is about 72 degrees Fahrenheit, around 31 degrees Celsius," said Drascone, looking at the blood rain.

          "That makes sense," replied Silvia.

          "Anyway, lots touch that griffin statue and get this battle started! We have postponed this battle with frivolous talking," said the Black Emerald.

          "Sure, Black Emerald! Let's touch the Griffin statue, but which one is it!? The misty clouds make it so hard to see," exclaimed the Black Emerald.

          One of the black cats on the crew walked around the ground and was walking toward the statues, but Crystalline quickly picked it up. "Not so fast, kitty," said Crystalline, petting the black cat.

          "Meow," replied the black cat.

          Crystalline giggled and pointed towards the tallest marble statue. "This one—the tallest one," smiled Crystalline. Annabelle nodded and continued to touch the griffin statue, and a golden light appeared from the marble statue.

          The light blinded everyone, and everyone flinched as a magnificent creature emerged from the color. The light faded, and standing in front of the Freedom Fighter Squad, the 76 animals, and Jessica was none other than the griffin itself.

         The griffin had the body, legs, and tail of a lion, an eagle's head, and a bird's talons. It stared at the beings with a majestic look, and everyone was starstruck by its appearance.

          "I see you three are ready to battle me to get three wishes from the red lamp. Allow me to introduce myself; I am a griffin named Alkali, and I will be your opponent. My duty is to defend the red lamp at all costs, along with my two other allies, and that is what I will do," said Alkali, looking down at them.

          "Okay, get ready, everyone," said Annabelle as everyone spread out from the two humans and one crow battling the griffin.

          "I will take all of you to the Battlefield of Worthiness up in the sky, and it will be above the rest of you folks and the summit on Mount Arduous. Magic keeps the battlefield in the sky, and us three in the statues you see; this experience will benefit the three opponents challenging me in combat, and the three of you walk up to me," said Alkali.

          After his introduction, Annabelle, Roger, and Kevin walked and flew toward Alkali, and the griffin nodded. "Very good, two humans and a crow. I can sense great power from the three of you, and let us travel upwards to the Battlefield of Worthiness," said Alkali. Alkali teleported Annabelle, Roger, and Kevin to the Battlefield of Worthiness, and the rest of the beings stayed below.